2011 exhaust tip.

johnfromscarborough

copemech i was doing a 1 lapper with lite road work but mainly green lanes through the north yorkshire moors, i didnt leave this info out on purpose just was mithed of with the after care.

My local dealer has been very helpful and as been on the phone with GG whislt i have been with him, he said the same about the SSDT which he was told it happened to 2.

The parts where just over

Completely unfair comment. I have had Gassers since 1990 and have had two issues in all that time, both dealt with under warranty without any problem.

Thats good to hear , i'm after another,

:thumbup:

copemech i was doing a 1 lapper with lite road work but mainly green lanes through the north yorkshire moors, i didnt leave this info out on purpose just was mithed of with the after care.

My local dealer has been very helpful and as been on the phone with GG whislt i have been with him, he said the same about the SSDT which he was told it happened to 2.

The parts where just over

Why the hell do they sell em with road lights and 6 gears. Not fit for purpose comes to mind. The SSDT was to test man and machine and manufactures enter teams expecting to complete and possibly win.

Trials bikes are just put out regardless of known faults then we fork out for the expected failures, however at 5K for the 2012 I think we should have decent warranty for non damage failure

:thumbup:

Well, there you go then! I just do not think these things are really designed for road and lanes. Surprized more did not blow off in SSDT! Specilized bike, and thus? One really has to watch that stuff nowadaye, as the bikes are on the edge. Good thing you still got a deal, yet they are what they are, and you gotta remember that! Cooling system overheats next, due to limited capacity! Gotta let things cool a bit! Sweet bike though!

I'm not bagging any bike here.....

Sorry but that is just a little BS isn't it..... it may be on the edge, specialized bike, the lightest, the best you can buy, blah blah blah....... but fitness for purpose comes to mind when the exhaust melts. In my mind the factory simply didn't do the right testing and screwed it up. It is a warrantee job and the importer MUST stand behind the fault or people will chose another brand.

You poor english *******s having to suffer such sh*te service.

I'm not bagging any bike here.....

Sorry but that is just a little BS isn't it..... it may be on the edge, specialized bike, the lightest, the best you can buy, blah blah blah....... but fitness for purpose comes to mind when the exhaust melts. In my mind the factory simply didn't do the right testing and screwed it up. It is a warrantee job and the importer MUST stand behind the fault or people will chose another brand.

You poor english *******s having to suffer such sh*te service.

dont suffer bad sevice , dont buy one.

Why the hell do they sell em with road lights and 6 gears. Not fit for purpose comes to mind. The SSDT was to test man and machine and manufactures enter teams expecting to complete and possibly win.

Trials bikes are just put out regardless of known faults then we fork out for the expected failures, however at 5K for the 2012 I think we should have decent warranty for non damage failure

Whe do they sell a closed course bike with road lights and six gears? So one can putt to the next section! It is a fine line! Seems I recall even Grimbo being guilty of bringing the Mont in smoking and choking at SSDT! He must have near melted it! That is an extreme example, yet, the bikes are just becoming soo specilized they do not care about durability in extreme conditions. It is all a trade off! :thumbup:

Seems I recall even Grimbo being guilty of bringing the Mont in smoking and choking at SSDT! He must have near melted it! :thumbup:

and you witnesed this "smoking and choking and melting" personally? I was told he pushed it in and it was found to be an electrical short.