Beta 4 stroke

mattholmes

Help bikes developed a really bad misfire 1 minute it was fine next popping and banging like mad , changed the plug ( spare one but not new ) checked wiring connections and earth and disconnected kill switch and still no joy , any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated , thanks in advance

Cheers Jon you saying I shouldn't be using red diesel In my tractor ?? Lol your only jealous of the grip i get mate , on a serious note got a feeling it may be the dreaded stator but at least still under warranty ?

Checked all connections even stripped and cleaned carb and still no joy may ring Lampkins tomorrow and see if they can over night me one if they can and it sorts it then yes riding Sunday if not I'm a bit stuck mate

local rider had a 2010 with problems , turned out to be loose bolts on timing gear. Got the story second hand, so not sure which ones had come loose.

Most likely the stator ...........least likely but worth checking a lose earth ground..........

Most likely the stator ...........least likely but worth checking a lose earth ground..........

Got a funny feeling it maybe stator bikes only 8 month old so covered by warranty but still not good but noticed bike has been backfiring more than normal last 2 rides out maybe that was a sign of things starting to break down ??