2012 Sherco

Andy

Carb tips forward and down. Cue Beta type problems?

They always do , and have, non issue.! Personally, and from a fundamental(Russian) approach, I would still take a good working carb for sake of dependability in the field, and field strip and clean.

What do I know? I have dealt with these systems on cars since their inception. Obviously Ossa has made it work on a 2T bike, yet time will tell! Biggeast thing on any of them is fuel quality and a whole lot of poor dirty(water) fuel ruining filters, pumps and injectors and such, you gotts keep all that in mind.

Can become very costly! :rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They always do , and have, non issue.! Personally, and from a fundamental(Russian) approach, I would still take a good working carb for sake of dependability in the field, and field strip and clean.

What do I know? I have dealt with these systems on cars since their inception. Obviously Ossa has made it work on a 2T bike, yet time will tell! Biggeast thing on any of them is fuel quality and a whole lot of poor dirty(water) fuel ruining filters, pumps and injectors and such, you gotts keep all that in mind.

Can become very costly! :rolleyes:

Perhaps the biggest difference between europe and the U.S. is the consistent quality of fuel in Europe, its pretty much ok and very similar anywhere you go and pump gas is a good enough octane.

Perhaps the biggest difference between europe and the U.S. is the consistent quality of fuel in Europe, its pretty much ok and very similar anywhere you go and pump gas is a good enough octane.

Yes, that is what I hear, yet one still gets into issues with their personnal fuel containers, the alcohol settlement and such, proper storage.

The handling of fuel AFTER it is delivered to you is just as important as prior! Clean, Drain and inspect your jugs! Take a last bit sample in a clear container just so see what settles out! Dust, dirt, mud and rain can do your stuff in!

Fuel handling is critical after the sale! :rolleyes:

Hmmm... nothing to get too excited about :closedeyes: ...but I'd like to know what the new Front Suspension and R16V Rear Shock are going to do for the bike.

Best of balance.

Neo

Yea, not quite sure when I might get a ride, but depending upon just how things go, the long term testing of the '07 may revolve into another bike. I kinda set the initial objective at 5 yr period, but to be honest, friggin thing I have now is sweet! Add, little use the last couple years. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

Yea, not quite sure when I might get a ride, but depending upon just how things go, the long term testing of the '07 may revolve into another bike. I kinda set the initial objective at 5 yr period, but to be honest, friggin thing I have now is sweet! Add, little use the last couple years. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

Yes I'm in the same position Cope.

I thought I was holding out for FI on a Sherco but this 2012 bike is a disappointment as far as I'm concerned... "more of the same old" as they say....What ever happened to Sherco being a "force to be reckoned with"?.... This is hardly a bike that's been designed in response to the Ossa. I think they're pushing their luck personally.

But if I don't buy a new bike this year then it will have to be 2014 before my next bike as I'm far too superstitious for a 2013 bike. :blush:

Bet of balance.

Neo

Yes I'm in the same position Cope.

I thought I was holding out for FI on a Sherco but this 2012 bike is a disappointment as far as I'm concerned... "more of the same old" as they say....What ever happened to Sherco being a "force to be reckoned with"?.... This is hardly a bike that's been designed in response to the Ossa. I think they're pushing their luck personally.

But if I don't buy a new bike this year then it will have to be 2014 before my next bike as I'm far too superstitious for a 2013 bike. :blush:

Bet of balance.

Neo

Perhaps I am simply just too old school fundamentalist, yet once again , the FI thing is just another something to screw up, to me. Granted, it seems the Ossr is running well, along with the Monts(of course), yet we do have the ability to tune carbs to our liking as well.

Everything here in the engine department is one side of the coin anyway. As in trials, true control influenced by clutch and gear application for finding traction, as by anything the throttle side is doing at the time.(one does need to heed this fact)

I like the new ones, and will hold confidence that suspension does indeed have improvements, and even though as stated, I do not neccessarily like the white on things, a rattle can can fix that for the most!

Interesting. All new frame in '10. New motor in '11. and now your disappointed in no more big changes? New fork, shock and linkage can make all the difference! Plus all the other little tweaks.

Looking back, years like this are the year you buy. They've done the big changes in previous years and now in '12 they do all the little stuff to make the bike great. 07-08 where great years for the Sherco's, 06 not as much. Yet they looked almost the same.

Having a bike with all the latest technology isn't what makes it good. What makes a bike good is good handling-suspension-turning etc, good power, and reliable. Whether the '12 Sherco fits that bill or not is up to you.

Yes I understand what you are saying sirhc but a manufactures "tweaking years" should really be saved for times of low or no competition. Sherco now have a serious contender that came out of the blue two years ago. If Sherco want to maintain their market share I think they're gonna need much more than tweaks to do that.

I'm no pro rider and I already have a well tweaked ("good") bike. And I agree that tweaks make a difference. But I try not to kid myself that I'll become Adam Raga just because I have a new shock linkage etc....

So at the moment I think I need much more than this to make me pull my wallet out :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

What are you guys complaining about? Toni Bou is riding around a 10 year old Montesa and doing just fine ;)

Toni didn't pay for his bike :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Yes I understand what you are saying sirhc but a manufactures "tweaking years" should really be saved for times of low or no competition. Sherco now have a serious contender that came out of the blue two years ago. If Sherco want to maintain their market share I think they're gonna need much more than tweaks to do that.

I'm no pro rider and I already have a well tweaked ("good") bike. And I agree that tweaks make a difference. But I try not to kid myself that I'll become Adam Raga just because I have a new shock linkage etc....

So at the moment I think I need much more than this to make me pull my wallet out :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

This is true, there is a lot of good bikes out there as well. I allways just kinda ride wha I brung!, so it is what it is!

You kinda gotta get out a bit me thinks, and ride a few, (as do I) yet it may be just a bit before I can pin down a nice new 250, as they are scarce about here! I liked the '10, so maybe, just maybe? :rolleyes: NEED DOSH!

• 2 weeks later...