Lampkins silsden !

mike1

Hi again ,

had a problem with sons beta evo 300 4t back firing a short while ago, thought we solved the problem but then the bike started running poor and lacked power , decided to email these problems last night to lampkins at silsden to see if there expertise could help. this morning got a email back showing there concerns and eagerness to help asking me to ring them and explain the problems.

thought " well thats sounds good " so i rang them and explained the above problems, Chris the mechanic diagnosed over the phone what he thought but advised me if possible to take the bike over. Well finished work at 14.00 hrs , got out the sat nav and set off with the bike, arrived at Silsden about an hour later and met these guys, chris asked if we could leave the bike so he could test it and then hopefully and correctly cure the problem.20 mins later ringing me to return sorted problem out. mega efficient/polite/and professional job done . there said how i feel

very very pleased, excellent service and one happy beta owner. and the problem ---- The black box ( dcu THINK IT IS CALLED )was not clipped properly and water had gained entry causing corrosion and leading to - 1 st back firing and 2nd lack power, once again BIG THANK YOU ALL AT LAMPKINS. Mike.

I know John's been on holiday because I was with him and his good lady in Italy this weekend, but I've forwarded a link to this topic to him. I know he'll be glad of the feedback :)

Hi

Just checked my box , exactly the same , 2 conectors blue with corrosion.

My bike started to miss intermitently during the trial on Sunday, we had heavy rain and burns , cut out a couple of times too.

Bad starting problems plagued me last couple of weeks.

I have sorted problem , seems to be starting and running fine !

Thanks for posting , sorted my problems out , this is what this forum is all about !

Thanks

ditto, nothing but praise for the guys at silsden, always great service. now on 5th Beta in a row, will be back for another.

great backup , and honest reliable advice, plus the beta is one of the best available,,,

Lampkins sure are spot on to deal with, Best service that I know of by a long way, John, Gary & Chris are all excellent people to deal with, Couldn't ask for any better service what so ever. Best bike & best service, What more can you ask for.

I only ever bought new Beta`s and with Gasser bought second hand or even considered importing like my mate did because of after market support. Lampkin`s is indeed a credit to the sport and yet to hear otherwise.

Hopefully my next bike will be a Beta

Silckgolf, what did you do to sort out your dodgy connections, i ve just had a look

at mine and i have one thats blue, and last week it started coughing and spluttering

when i went to give it a handfull but not all the time. i have all the usual products

wd40, silicone spray

jsp

had a problem with my 18 month old evo a few weeks back, i phoned lampkins to enquire about the cost of a replacement part and spoke to john ,he said send us the part in and i will see if i can do something for you.

two days later brand new replacement part on the doorstep free of charge.

superb service and totaly unexpected on a bike out of waranty.

thanks again john and beta uk.

i checked my cdi unit before it got to late, if you look, it's a recipe for disaster,water can run right up into the termanals & create this problem, i solved this issue by moving the support bracket so the cdi unit is vertical,no extra wireing or bolt change req

a good idea when bike is washed off is to air blow dry,you will never get corroation. prevention is better than any cure. :thumbup: