2011 gasser 300

gumby26

How is everyone with a 2011 300 getting along with it ? What are your opinions good or bad ? Brakes, clutch, handling, power, relability ( so far )ect....Have tried a 11' 250 and the power is a little soft for me. Thanks !

I bought one two months ago what a machine I have ridden it twice a week since, I had 2008 gasser 250 and the power is better but I find it way more control able that the 250. Brakes clutch all are very nice. Air box is vastly improved. Two things I don't like stock it comes with a cheap sparkplug made it a tough starter replace it with a platinum ngk and it is night and day, and you have to be diligent after every ride to go over the entire bike and tighten plus locktite everything cause it does vibrate a tade more.

I would buy it again in a second

Hope this helps

Dustin

Thanks for the reply,...anyone else ???

Had mine for 3 months, adjusted the chain thrice, changed the oil once. Apart from that its absolutely fine. Only gripe is the stickers on the tank don't like petrol, which is s bit dumb. Starts from cold second kick every time.

All in all its an excellent package.

Al

I got the 300 racing 3 months ago, love the bike to bits, I can recommend the keihin conversion . The 10' had a dodgy silencer that needed constant welding, the 11' plastic silencer insert is fragile as well and will break out after a good fall. Bike is very stable and easy to balance.

Edited by MUDBOY

I loved the delorto for its no fuss reliability. The keihin is more aggressive and delivers linear power from the bottom, I get the feeling it gives me more time between consecutive obstacles, from recovering from one obstacle and quickly applying more power for the next.

I have already ordered a protector, fiddling with the silencer drives me crazy.