After a gasser

markieboi

Hi guys,

I've just sold my Rev 3 and I'm in the market for a 04/05/06 TXT Pro 280 or 300.

Is there anything in particular I'll need to look out for in these models and also how do you tell they're the actual year there advertised.

As i know people do try to pass they're bikes off as a year or two younger than they actually are.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys,

I've just sold my Rev 3 and I'm in the market for a 04/05/06 TXT Pro 280 or 300.

Is there anything in particular I'll need to look out for in these models and also how do you tell they're the actual year there advertised.

As i know people do try to pass they're bikes off as a year or two younger than they actually are.

Thanks in advance

I know there are some internal technical differences from 04 to 06 that other 'Gasmen' can help you with but I suggest you get familiar with foot peg location on all three models (year)...GasGas progressively moved them back-over year on year...if I remember rightly ^_^

I know there are some internal technical differences from 04 to 06 that other 'Gasmen' can help you with but I suggest you get familiar with foot peg location on all three models (year)...GasGas progressively moved them back-over year on year...if I remember rightly ^_^

I would definatly go for a 06 (or newer). The almost not noticable changes in foot peg location together with some other small changes makes a HUGE difference in balance and handling!

How to spot the different years? Tricky. Besides that the stickers tell the year (that of course can have been changed) up to 2006 there are only minor changes.

Try to mention some. Others correct me.

Tubular frames from 2009.

From 2007 the frames are coloured on all models.

2006 125 RACING is the first with magnesium motor and swingarm? (Besides 2005 RAGA)

From 2006 the thermo is situated in the radiator - not in the hose. (or was that from 2005?)

Marzocci forks on 125 racing and 250 up from 2006.

Bolt for rear brake goes through the frame from 2006.

Sure there are more..

Jan

(From Norway.. sorry for the grammatic errors :) )