alloy handlebar height

reginald

Wondering if anybody has purchased a alloy handlebar from france trials classic. It says it a size 6 and Im wondering if this equates to 150mm rise.

i'm 6ft 4 and i'm looking for the highest bar possible - any other suggestions welcomed. ps Id prefer a high bar rather than a modified triple clamp or relocated footpeg locations.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a good used pair of about 8" rise Renthals on the Model 80 which i cant get on with. Too high for me. So they must have made higher rise ones back in the dark old days when the world was in black and white. :chairfall:

Hi Old trials fanatic, Do you have any photos and how much are you after for them?

Edited by Reginald

i was looking for some 6" rise renthals or the like a while back, cos im a lanky begger too.... however, after some tweeking of my existing bars i had serious second thoughts....

before i purchased taller bars i dropped my forks right through my yolks to the tops were flush (only about 1/2" higher) and rolled my bars forward a touch.... it felt great.....however, when i took the bike out for a ride it was awfull.... i could not keep the front wheel on the deck and this lighter front end meant serious loss off grip etc....in short it made for awful riding and was imediatley put back to how it was.....

just be carefull you dont go too high cos i reckon the higher your are and you shift that centre of gravity back the more likey you could encounter a similar problem. :rolleyes:

Tried some prototype replicas of old renthals on my SWM tl320 and they're very good for my height.

Their rise is around 200mm, thats approx. 8inch!!

Biggest improvements are less strain on lower back coupled with more room under the bars for my legs for ascents.

I've fitted a brace for strength as Feetup fun suggested on the trials Australia forum which detracts from the "ape hanger" look a bit but they still look a bit "out there". They do look different compared to modern low renthals/fatbars you see on a lot of twinshocks.

Checking out some Ossa 70s on the net and they had quite high bars and as Feetupfun rightly points out era correct bars makes them pukka to ride.

Cables make it just and I cant feel any flex in the bar.

Best mod. yet to my bike in terms of ergonomics.