Another TY problemo - it dies when run on high revs/load!

jimmer

Hi there, thanks to several of you who helped with the idle issue - seemed a simple fix. Now i realise there is another issue; i had a good session for a couple of hours today in the woods with no problems (only second time riding this bike). On the way back home on the road - so riding with a few more beans the engine faltered and died when under load. it did this last time and i assumed i had run out of fuel, but i know i didn't today. i was concerned the engine was seizing, but it turned over ok, but did struggle to start after this. Any suggestions? no problem on the slow stuff just riding home. Manual suggests HT lead.....?!

Spark plug ! Two hours in the woods is probably enough for a TY plug. :rolleyes:

mate if thats what it is...and its not terminal then i am well stoked. Also broke the kick start, appears to be made of cheese. Not a good day...

Hi there, thanks to several of you who helped with the idle issue - seemed a simple fix. Now i realise there is another issue; i had a good session for a couple of hours today in the woods with no problems (only second time riding this bike). On the way back home on the road - so riding with a few more beans the engine faltered and died when under load. it did this last time and i assumed i had run out of fuel, but i know i didn't today. i was concerned the engine was seizing, but it turned over ok, but did struggle to start after this. Any suggestions? no problem on the slow stuff just riding home. Manual suggests HT lead.....?!

Try a new condensor,or have a look on the rubber between airbox and carb.

Chrs:Mike

I agree with ducman. I had the same symtoms with my ty250 ts, pull a long steep hill at near full throttle or open it up on the open road or what ever and it would die but start back up and I would have to go real easy to keep it running. I replaced the points and condensor and the plug wire end and never had anymore troubles.

I agree with ducman. I had the same symtoms with my ty250 ts, pull a long steep hill at near full throttle or open it up on the open road or what ever and it would die but start back up and I would have to go real easy to keep it running. I replaced the points and condensor and the plug wire end and never had anymore troubles.

thanks fellas

Another possible cause is simply not enough fuel getting into the carb to support sustained full throttle.

It could be either the filter in the tank blocked, or the 'o'ring seal in the tap being displaced.

Nick