Triumph twin

martyd

Hi guys got a nice 400cc twin

Problem is that its "wet supming" all the time

Have just fitted a new morgo pump to cure but is not any different

any ideas??

MartyD

I could fit a tap but think that would be the last resort as im likley to forget to open it!!!

Hi guys got a nice 400cc twin

Problem is that its "wet supming" all the time

Have just fitted a new morgo pump to cure but is not any different

any ideas??

MartyD

I could fit a tap but think that would be the last resort as im likley to forget to open it!!!

hi marty, it will be the anti drain vavle in the crankcase that is not seating properly and allowing the oil past when parked up.could be a weak spring or the ball not seating due to dirt or a dinged seat.

hi marty, it will be the anti drain vavle in the crankcase that is not seating properly and allowing the oil past when parked up.could be a weak spring or the ball not seating due to dirt or a dinged seat.

Thanks Bashplate

Now exactley where is the anti drain valve?? and what does it look like

Thats is in relation to the pump?

Thanks For the reply

Marty D

Hi Marty

the supply side of the pump is fed from the oil tank, as the plunger moves down the oil is forced out thro a non return valve (a spring loaded ball built into the bottom of the pump. As the plunger returns the ball is forced against a seat machined in the pump body to stop the pump sucking back up the oil that is has just pumped out. If the ball doesn't seat properly the oil from the tank can drain into the sump past the ball when the bike is stood (especially if the plunger is at the top of its stroke)

The fix on a old pump is to tap the ball with a punch onto the seat to get it to seal again..

i would be suprised if this was the cause of your problem as it is a new pump and i assume it was happening before you changed the pump.

You would get the same problem if the pump body was not sealing on the gasket to the engine. is the pump mounting face flat especially around the studs?

Hi Marty

the supply side of the pump is fed from the oil tank, as the plunger moves down the oil is forced out thro a non return valve (a spring loaded ball built into the bottom of the pump. As the plunger returns the ball is forced against a seat machined in the pump body to stop the pump sucking back up the oil that is has just pumped out. If the ball doesn't seat properly the oil from the tank can drain into the sump past the ball when the bike is stood (especially if the plunger is at the top of its stroke)

The fix on a old pump is to tap the ball with a punch onto the seat to get it to seal again..

i would be suprised if this was the cause of your problem as it is a new pump and i assume it was happening before you changed the pump.

You would get the same problem if the pump body was not sealing on the gasket to the engine. is the pump mounting face flat especially around the studs?

Thanks Alan will have to check the face as i just unbloted the old and replace it with new

Marty D

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Jim all sorted

Total rebuild

needed a Barrel as wen it was bored to 400 it had been bored through the linner and then broke rings

Head was cracked ,new one fitted

So new barrel new pistons new head

The Morgo pump is just fine no wet sumping at all!!!

Now how do you find grip in mud with a twin????????????????????????????????

Marty

Yes Jim all sorted

Total rebuild

needed a Barrel as wen it was bored to 400 it had been bored through the linner and then broke rings

Head was cracked ,new one fitted

So new barrel new pistons new head

The Morgo pump is just fine no wet sumping at all!!!

Now how do you find grip in mud with a twin????????????????????????????????

Marty

Hi Marty

Congratulations on the rebuild. Sorry but can