paoli 315 front forks 97

nelly1

hi i want to change my fork oil but ive no idea how can you please help ive dont quite a lot of reading on here i think i need 360 ml of 5w oil in both sides

ive never unscrewed the caps off the top of the forks (are they under pressure ?) is there a drain ?

thanks in advance

neil

Just take off the caps, the left one (as you sit on the bike) may be under a little pressure as it is the one with the spring under it, but it is not much. Then undo the drain plus at the bottom of the forks and drain out all the oil. A more thorough way to get al lthe oil out is to remove the forks themselves and turn upside down and drain the oil straing out of the top of the fork, but that involves removal of mudguard and wheel etc. Refill with some good 5wt fork oil, I use Maxima over here, 300cc per side I think, and reassemble in reverse. I have a .PDF document about Paoli forks and how to change seals etc, PM me your e-mail if you want it.

• Like 1