Fantic running on

bambam_n_chunx

Does anybody know what causes a bike to run on after the throttle is closed off. I noticed my fantic does it quite a bit while queueing although it does run spot on once its moving. I`ve a 240 and have recently fitted it with a reed valve motor from a 245, it has been fitted with new mains and oilseals and the piston is okay. I used the 245 carb and electrics which I believe to be set up correctly. The engine is on the bench now as I needed to do some work on the bike so I would like to put it right before it goes back in. Could it need new reeds in or does that not cause it.

Does anybody know what causes a bike to run on after the throttle is closed off. I noticed my fantic does it quite a bit while queueing although it does run spot on once its moving. I`ve a 240 and have recently fitted it with a reed valve motor from a 245, it has been fitted with new mains and oilseals and the piston is okay. I used the 245 carb and electrics which I believe to be set up correctly. The engine is on the bench now as I needed to do some work on the bike so I would like to put it right before it goes back in. Could it need new reeds in or does that not cause it.

Sh-t petrol try adding octane boost as well as using super unleaded.And always use fresh petrol unleaded only keeps for a couple of weeks in a plastic container (plastic tank).