Junior Kickstart....Where are they now?

kickstart101

ok guys just a fun thing for you here. Been looking through some old Junior Kickstart episodes and was wondering what happend to a few ex stars of the show.

Some such as Colley, Lampkin, Jarvis etc are fairly obvious and maybe even Phil Disney, Woody Hole, Rob Sartin and Dan Hemingway.

Going to throw a few names in here and see what response we get.

Ian Needham

Luke Wood

Wayne Holdsworth

Andy Huddleston

Lee Sargent

Gareth Thomas

Chris Hannant

David Lloyd

Darren Snell

Colin Crease

Phillip Frizzell

Lee Comelio

Mike Roberts

Adam Norris

Russel Brass

Any help would be great. No doubt a few names may even present on this forum.

There are a few of the lads still riding.

Ivan Philipson was riding last year, I've seen Adam Norris, Phil Dis obviously is riding, Tony Wilson, Myself - Shaun Hoyle, Lee Dando, seen Rob Warner ride at Jack Wood, Saw Lance and Julian Ingham at a national the other month, Tony Scarlett now rides again with us.

I believe James Boggis was working in Worksop a few years ago, not seen him riding.

Would like to hear from Jeff Wright and some of the other lads from 1982 to 1985.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gareth Thomas here!

Chatting to a young local lad wanting to get involved with bikes and i mentioned Kickstart from the 80's, he promptly went home and found your site on the internet and let me know, so now I'm a member!

I still have my original Beamish Suzuki RL250T which I'm going to start riding again soon. I have been hiding from the trials scene for a few years 20+ because I tried sidecar trials which was fun but not as much as sidecar motocross! raced in British top 30 and done a few internationals. I will now watch and join in the forums. Does HUX club still exist and meet in Denham woods?

ok guys just a fun thing for you here. Been looking through some old Junior Kickstart episodes and was wondering what happend to a few ex stars of the show.

Some such as Colley, Lampkin, Jarvis etc are fairly obvious and maybe even Phil Disney, Woody Hole, Rob Sartin and Dan Hemingway.

Going to throw a few names in here and see what response we get.

Ian Needham

Luke Wood

Wayne Holdsworth

Andy Huddleston

Lee Sargent

Gareth Thomas

Chris Hannant

David Lloyd

Darren Snell

Colin Crease

Phillip Frizzell

Lee Comelio

Mike Roberts

Adam Norris

Russel Brass

Any help would be great. No doubt a few names may even present on this forum.

• 10 years later...

Well , Steve West would be another from 83. Not on the list. Chapman BSA at the time of filming. If he would have been in heat 2 or 3 would have been in the final, but had heat 1 with woody hole who won that year.  Rode until 85 then again 96-99 MacArthy fantic then Miller supported montesa 315. Used to ride with Wayne Holdsworth at times, and Adam Norris at waterside and others .Now lives in Canada and rides a beta 4T and semi retired.

On 8/28/2011 at 9:06 PM, coriolis said:

I believe Andy Huddleston is a Police officer, and i think Phillip Frizzell is in the Army. I think Wayne Holdsworth still rides?

Andy Huddlestin went on to be Britsh expert champion on a TYZ and was 4th in the ssdt one year.

Chris Hannant chucked trials in his late teens , has rode a couple of times since and usually goes to watch the ssdt.

Few of the other names Colin Crease, Adam Norris, Darren Snell I've seen in the results over the years but are not from North East England so can't help with their subsequent career

• 3 months later...