WTC Japan many riders on Yamaha's

dombush

• 3 months later...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again logic dictates and you surely dont have to be an insider at yamaha that even with the tooling the cost to set up a production run of say 1000 units (very optomistic anyway)would make it inhibitive, and thats for a big out of date lump.

Scorpa already would have the tooling?

surely this also exists, though I think Kuroyamas bike has been modified to suit a beta clutch?

I'm not a production engineer but i imagine that a production run of anything less than a few thousand units is prohibitive, and scorpas wont sell anything like that. (they did go bust you know)

I am sure Crosswite said that it was the purchase price of the motors that made the scorpa expensive.

There is also the question of whether yamaha want to be associated with Sherco at all?

Whilst its great that this is your dream bike the simple fact that this is not a shared desire by enough people, or the bike isn't that great, caused lack of sales and an uneconomic production run.

As the beta clutch isnt great I imagine its not one of those.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I can imagine the clutch..... best we have ever used. Never one problem and works brilliant!

as soon as the evo came out dougie and fajardo both had works clutches.

The reason for this was that the thing didnt work well for the top lads.

I had an evo as well and never had a problem, kuriyama will be the former i think.

• 1 month later...