Beta Factory 2 stroke 300

mostar

For reason I have yet to comprehend, what the literature supplied by the manufacturer states and what is found in real life are often at odds with each other. I am not as familiar with the Sherco, but both GasGas and Beta overstate the amount of oil necessary for an oil change. I have typically made sure the bike is level and flat, then patiently filled until the oil appears in the window, and stopped filling when it stabilized just over half coverage of the sight glass.

It would be really useful if the factories gave two measurements, one for total capacity, one the next for an oil change (some always stays in the engine duroing a change).

My two cents

Spencer

For reason I have yet to comprehend, what the literature supplied by the manufacturer states and what is found in real life are often at odds with each other. I am not as familiar with the Sherco, but both GasGas and Beta overstate the amount of oil necessary for an oil change. I have typically made sure the bike is level and flat, then patiently filled until the oil appears in the window, and stopped filling when it stabilized just over half coverage of the sight glass.

It would be really useful if the factories gave two measurements, one for total capacity, one the next for an oil change (some always stays in the engine duroing a change).

My two cents

Spencer

Im Hearing you. I know in my 4rt manual it has 3 Measurtments for this reason.

I ended up going with 450ml as that is what oil I got out and it is half way in the window.

Thanks

I believe running 400 ml helps the clutch bite better as it gets a little warmer.

I've always run 400ml on all my previous Evo's with out it creating a problem.

Lampkins suggest Putoline oil, you could try ATF and see if you get any clutch slip or drag? I always used ATF in my Gassers.

Have you had a problem with the clutch slipping in 5th / 6th?

I believe running 400 ml helps the clutch bite better as it gets a little warmer.

I've always run 400ml on all my previous Evo's with out it creating a problem.

Lampkins suggest Putoline oil, you could try ATF and see if you get any clutch slip or drag? I always used ATF in my Gassers.

Have you had a problem with the clutch slipping in 5th / 6th?

Mine is only 10hour old and just wanted to do the 1st oil change. But yes it was silping a bit in 5th/6th the other day on the road.

So yer thanks 4 that and 550ml do seem like a over kill.

Cheers