Gas gas 2012

trialnick

As I understand it there has only been 1 batch into the UK and that was a small batch predominantly for GG UK demonstrations and team riders.

don't know how many (if any) were made available to dealers.

It will also be August factory shutdown now so what's here will be all there is till mid-late September (if previous production runs are anything to go by)

No reason why bike won't be mega. Only major difference is the linkage and rear shock and GG have done lots of work with Sachs to make the shock very good.

Ring your dealer and get a test booked I'd say : )

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it there has only been 1 batch into the UK and that was a small batch predominantly for GG UK demonstrations and team riders.

don't know how many (if any) were made available to dealers.

It will also be August factory shutdown now so what's here will be all there is till mid-late September (if previous production runs are anything to go by)

No reason why bike won't be mega. Only major difference is the linkage and rear shock and GG have done lots of work with Sachs to make the shock very good.

Ring your dealer and get a test booked I'd say : )

i have sold 2 in three weeks 1 300cc i 280 both have ajp brakes there is still more in stock ready to purchase,they look and ride superb. paul

i have sold 2 in three weeks 1 300cc i 280 both have ajp brakes there is still more in stock ready to purchase,they look and ride superb. paul

2 things to ask/comment:

1: There are pictures out of the 2012 NON RAGA models, they dont look like or seem to have the reiger shock, and I cant tell what brake controls they have... IMHO, if they still have AJP's on them, I wouldnt want one, who wants new bike with obsolete parts? I might as well buy a 4rt :madnoel: (Ha Ha)

2: Quoted above, "Raga300" says he has sold 2, but I thought they wouldn't have been in production yet, only Raga's were, at this time?

Raga300 what are you talking about?

:popcorn:

Raga300 is talking about my bike :D :D

AJP cylinders look good to me. Bike feels great but heavier than my 2009 Raga. Will run in slowly but at the moment bike feels very smooth and stable and suspension is super smooth. Will let you know how first trial goes on Sunday

2 things to ask/comment:

1: There are pictures out of the 2012 NON RAGA models, they dont look like or seem to have the reiger shock, and I cant tell what brake controls they have... IMHO, if they still have AJP's on them, I wouldnt want one, who wants new bike with obsolete parts? I might as well buy a 4rt :madnoel: (Ha Ha)

2: Quoted above, "Raga300" says he has sold 2, but I thought they wouldn't have been in production yet, only Raga's were, at this time?

The 2012 production models were about and being ridden in the middle of August.

Picked My 2012 standard bike up on friday and have just had a days practice....

Awsome!

Ok it does still have AJP's which I was a bit ticked about but to be honest they are proven and it means that you can still put ya hope caps on the master cylinders and if you have flexi levers they also will still fit!

Only the 2012 Raga will et the Reiga Shock, guess it will be on the standard bike in 2013 lol...

All said and done though the suspension on mine seems silky compared to my 06 I have just parted with and that was a really nice bike to ride as well...

Something that will turn a few people on is the increased steering angle, if you are pants at hopping like me then you will notice this straight away, still not as much as a Beta evo but removing the plastic steering stop guard would make it the same i'd say...

2 things to ask/comment:

This is a rather odd reply..primarily around the AJP's

1: The std 2012 do not have the Reiger shock on the rear it is a Sachs (Reiger is apparently

Do you know what? I honestly hasn't thought that far ahead in terms of needing spare Parts etc. I guess I'd not look to keep a bike so long that I'd need bits like that. Ive had bikes 4 years though and never needed anything other than the odd lever.

I also had no idea around time and shipping differences to the good old USA and figured if we had the 12 models, everyone would...

So maybe I should eat the humble pie, hold out a hand and say 'ooops sorry' wasn't intending to come across all 'in the know' : ) I was actually thinking more 'jeez, do I want to be the Formula guinea pig' rather than 'what happens when I need a spare'

I had struggled to see the value in a Raga rep so asked at the French world round, that was how I discovered the Reiger's value as well as the perceived value of some of the other bling bits.

Anyway, holding out an olive branch in apology now.

Good luck with the 12 models when you get them, they look great (even with the AJP's) and seemingly ride great too.

Sniped all Just to save space.

I'll take that olive branch, if you will take my apology as well...

I was a little touchy this week, sorry that I seemed really snotty back at you, it wasnt called for on my part... I just felt put down because for sake of discussion, I didnt want to buy the "future of gasgas" bike (raga) with old parts, and it was simply as a conversation piece.

But hell, it is about perception, and for your sake, seems like we're more than 12 months behind you all here in the America's, as it is 2011 and you have 2nd batch of 2012 bikes available, dang. Plus the confusion of naming it 2012's for the raga, and then naming it back, but then going ahead with production of the 12 lines (which I thougth was the reason they couldnt name the raga the 12 model raga as they had planned?) Beats the hell out of me...

well I was afraid I would be confused or others might be, when I posted the remark, LOL :madnoel:

BTW, Are there RACE MODELS this year (Ahem) for 2012 models that is?

I seem to not be the only ones on about the brakes and brands, as I now see the thread where several have "waited" for the next batch of production 2012, hoping for the new brakes as well.

I never saw the press release for Formula and taking on supplying for defunct AJP, that is good news! In fact I had to read about 20 times/ or that many posts to realise that FORMULA was the brand name, not some gasgas's specuation or EU word for what brakes they would be going to use instead of AJP, or what not, lol.

Later.

Edited by Sting32

Re: 'Racing' models, they normailly hit around March time I think and in 250/280/300 variants but for some VERY odd reason we dont get the 250 in the UK (despite 250 being the biggest selling model) and only get 280 and 300

Re: Raga naming, it confuses me also! They always used to be named for the year they were released, the confusion was normally that the Raga model would feature many of the upgrade / new products that were subsequently featured on the following years Pro models

eg: 2011 Raga has the new suspension linkage, chain guard etc that are now featured on the 2012 pro model