Trials in Cyprus

cubby

Went to Cyprus on holiday this summer and wondered if they had Trials there as a sport.

They have rallying, obviously loads of bikes around, I figured surely someone somewhere must do it.

Also with the large British influence there over the years I would have thought it's possible.

Anyone know anything as next time I'm there I wouldn't mind checking it out, loads of brilliant terrain out there.

There was a guy doing trials out there (North side,Turkish), he had a bunch of Scorpas for hire but I don't know if he's still in business?

there were a load of scorpas for sale on ebay, the guy said he bought seven to take them to cyprus but they were impounded cos they couldn't be road reg over there because all bikes have to have a seat to be road legal !!!! something like that anyway

wonder if its the same bloke?

Edited by thespikeyone

Ahhhh, Keo! Most refreshing drink avaiable in that heat! :)

I saw that website about trail riding, and I've found a video on You Tube of a guy riding a Gasser, just playing around, but can't find anything about competitions.

Hey cobby if youre planning to visit the greek southern side get in touch!

Me and a few buddys have been riding enduro for a long time and im waiting for my new raga to come in the next couple weeks!

There was a good thing going with trials couple years ago,gas gas importer was very keen but not many people were interested.

Maybe things will change now im getting one,gonna try getting my mates into it!

I think thats crete poison,we have zivania(fire water)and sure you can run your bike on that!

Ps:we have a pub on the west coast in paphos,come on over,you guys can teach me afew things on rare occasions when youre sober!

I think thats crete poison,we have zivania(fire water)and sure you can run your bike on that!

Ps:we have a pub on the west coast in paphos,come on over,you guys can teach me afew things on rare occasions when youre sober!

I'm sure I had Raki on the Sunni? side of Cyprus :lol:

Bloody karasakal . :ph34r:

You couldn't learn owt from me..riding or drinkin'. :dunce:

We once chartered a boat on the Greek Cypriot side,got p|55ed then tried to return to the Turkish side :dunce:

Should have guessed when the beach was covered with barbed-wire and steel girders (think; Saving Private Ryan) :beer::guinness:

Hey Nicos

Thanks I might do that next time we are there. We stay in Paralimni on the east side of the Island, maybe too far from you?

There looks to be great places to ride trials on the Island, I would love to get out and have a ride! :):thumbup: