Gas Gas 250 TXT Pro - Any tips

pauldalgarno

Just swopped from a Beta Rev 3 250 to the Gas Gas as above.

I'm in my 2nd year in Trials, so ordered up a slow throttle tube, and another member's sold me a flywheel weight for a good price, so it should calm it down to my needs initially.

Anything else I need to adjust for best running, or things to look out for on this bike in general to keep it reliable folks?

Just swopped from a Beta Rev 3 250 to the Gas Gas as above.

I'm in my 2nd year in Trials, so ordered up a slow throttle tube, and another member's sold me a flywheel weight for a good price, so it should calm it down to my needs initially.

Anything else I need to adjust for best running, or things to look out for on this bike in general to keep it reliable folks?

Sorry forgot to add it's a 2008 (2009 model year).

Hi Paul, by the way you've been riding this year I doubt you need to tame the 250 down? You'll soon 'gel' with the gasser the same way you did with the Beta.

Stick to a good maintenance routine and all should be good, removing the flywheel cover after a wet trial to dry everything off is always a good idea?

Drop me a PM regarding practice this Sunday or the team trial at Monzie and you can ask as many questions as you like!

GJ :wacko:

Jordi,s right remove the flywheel weight,change the gear oil every 4 trials with dextron 3 atf,grease the linkage bearings every 6 rides or so,remove the airbox and split it,seal the joint wirh stikaflex[from a motor factors]ensure the gear lever is tight,enjoy riding a great bike