2012 sherco

awilliams64

I was able to ride the new 2012 sherco this weekend. I dont have much to compare it to, the only thing i have ridden is my 04 2.9 sherco, but what a difference! Bike was well balanced, had tons of power and just felt great. Thanks to Ryan Young for letting us have a go at his bike this weekend!

I rode a 290 last week. First impression was how smooth the bottom end seems. I am not sure if it was just newness or if they really have finally sorted out the carburation and engine mapping.

I liked the way they have neatly moved the radiator down, but now its out of the way they could have shaved off a bit of the bottom yolk to increase steering lock. Otherwise I am not sure I see the point.

A very good looker - I want one!

• 2 weeks later...

im a gasgas man but im more than tempted to switch to sherco next year think the new bike looks and sounds awesome,im not going to lie though ive always bin warned off them in the past by people that say they are not of a very good build qualtiy/ reliability,anyone agree-disagree with me?preferably disagree give me an excuse to test ride one :D

it is truly the best sherco yet.they have listened to the owners problems and done their best to solve the faults.the 290 is truly awsome.best bike on the market.

i dont own a new sherco, but the reason i really like sherco here in the usa is the support and parts availability. I can call up ryan young products and have any part i need in 1-3 days. I get mine next day...also i see ryan regularly at trials meets and he is more than happy to answer any questions you may have or address problems.

Seems like many of the newer bikes have alot of the same features. Support the bike company that has the best support in your area!