Pre 65 trials in Scotland

broony

Can anyone name 7 pre-65 trials in Scotland ?

1 The pre-65 of course.

2 Highland 2 day.

3 Perth & District & Scottish Classic have been making an effort in club trials, & Abington.

4 ?

Which other events should I not miss this year ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same old story again , if i mind why they put t/s with pre65 is because there wernt enough pre65s getting used.if that was to change the sacu would look at the championship i would think.there is a trials committe meeting next month. if the pre65 riders put in letters for a.o.b it would certainly be discussed.

From what I heard in the past a lot of the Pre 65 trials where

set out for the minority and not the majority(designed to take

points from the good riders and the average rider toiled so they

put their bikes in the shed and rode over 40's).Lets hope things

change and the numbers start to pick up.

cheers the noo Brian

well run a c/to/c trial laid out on the easy side to encourage pre65/t/shocks today at dunfermline.shame about the poor weather but we cant help that.we got only 14 of an entry.how many pre65,yes correct NONE,that says it all.why do we try. will have another c/to/c at the crieff hydro in november again laid out on the easy side for pre65 but i wont hold my breath for any.

On a slightly different note was at a classic

scramble yesterday at Whitekirk run by the

Scottish Classic club.Plenty of bikes and the

racing was full on,quite a long lap.Seems

strange that these boys and girls use their

classic irons in anger all of the year yet

classic trials bikes get used once in a blue

moon,with only a few using them every weekend.

cheers the noo Brian

very true broony,why have them and not using them.we have two t/shocks in the middle of resto.ones going to be a super trick 325 bultaco,the other a 349 montesa to use every week end. i also have a pre65 triumph twin named pitrite.it belonged to my late uncle willie pitblado and will get a resto when i have the money and my son will use it to its full potencial.

I think there is a handful of riders in Scotland who compete regularly on Pre'65 and Twinshock simply because they enjoy riding their bikes. They do all kinds of trials from C to C to Nationals.

Already there is a good selection of trials with varying levels of difficulty to suit all abilities.

There will always be the 'draw' of the bigger events that have an atmosphere and some people will only drag their bikes out for them. That's fair enough but I don't think there will ever be a huge number of P65 rider competing every weekend no matter how the sections are laid out.

>^..^<

Ross it'll be next year for me as I'm planning

a raid on the Stafford Show to get bits and

pieces to finish of the C15(which I'm going to

call Alf).

cheers the noo Brian

Hi Brian

What are you looking for ?

Ross

PM me if you want.

well i was at the sacu committe meeting on tuesday night,and i suggested on t/c any pre65 scottish riders to send in a letter as to what they want. no letters arrived, so what else can we do.i brought up an idea for non championship riders do the c route to make it easier. so wait and see.