07 300 pro kick start

gasgasmi

I have stripped the gears on my kick starter on an 07 300. I have parts on order but I can't seem to get the starter shaft out of the case. I know I am missing something but my first try the spring didn't want to let the shaft loose so I could get it out and change the gear. Someone tell me the trick. Once the parts get here I want to be ready, have an event this weekend. If someone knows the torque spec for the clutch hub bolt (also broken) you would save me searching the DVD.

Craig

So the spring needs to come out of the case in the back and all come out together? I assumed that was the case but wanted to check. I am planning on waiting at this point until I have everything.

Craig

The shaft and the spring should come apart together. I wouldn`t take apart any further till you get the new parts. If you are talking about the small center allen bolt, it is possible to run without it.

Yes you can have the clutch just float. But all the parts fit the same just no bolt. It was left out for more oil flow.

Hey, Snell has the DVD video owner's manual in chapter form here on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/user/GASGASinfo

You will want to find the video he shows how to remove clutch backet & another how to remove and install the kicker. Video here,

http://www.youtube.com/user/GASGASinfo#p/u/35/A80n7zq80n8

at the 1:56 mark or close, he shows installing the kicker shaft assembled... I think he covers getting it out as well.

Dammit, on Jim's site (trialspartsusa.com) there used to be a document about how the kickstart parts have to be assembled, with a picture of where the spring goes through the shaft in relation to the dog ear gear! It is of course gone now! Anyway, maybe you get it with the part now, I might have saved the document on my machine at home... email me (sting32 on gmail dot com) if you dont get help with this part from Jim or whomever you get the part from, it is very important!

Still there - its in this word doc - KS indexing section

GASGAS Pro Engine Technical Bulletin UPDATED JUNE. 08 2010

LOL, provide the link, or as they say at so many bulliten boards, it didnt happen (or doesnt exist). LOL

I still can not find the dang thing, hard to show another person where it is...

OK here is the document click here find page 8

ALSO note, the last one i got (6 months or less ago) the main thing was that the perpendicular line you have to imagine, intersects the gear anywhere, not just tooth shown... I tried to get tooth one for about 40 frustrating minutes, then gave up and hoped, and it workd. seems to me it intersected about middle or far left tooth in picture with "newest" parts shipped to me (I think it was July of 11)...

Hope that that helps you out GasGasMi

Edited by Sting32