Trials/Endurocross

kramit

After attending the Ontario CA Endurocross, I am amazed by the popularity of this sport among young (and a few old)Trials Riders. A $100. entry, and about 1 hr of total riding time the whole day!

Speed,Fame,Money,..... the reasons lost on me.

Edited by Kramit

After attending the Ontario CA Endurocross, I am amazed by the popularity of this sport among young (and a few old)Trials Riders. A $100. entry, and about 1 hr of total riding time the whole day!

It's all Nick Mantzoroses fault.

Andrew won $350.00, got to display his skills on a major stage, got a full page picture in Cycle News with a side story, TV coverage and media exposure for his sponsors etc... just what any young rider wants....

Edited by for artie

Just look at the "crash value" not the cash value! Totally rad! :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Maybe, but he still has the COOLEST arrival to an EnduroCross event to date.

Try this:

43 year old nutcase rides a 300lb dual sport bike from Rancho Cucamonga to Las Vegas via Death Valley on Friday then enters the same bike in EX on Saturday. The LA-Barstow-Vegas route is typically 450 miles so I'm going to have to chisel it down quite a bit to make it in one day.

Do I hear a bet brewing from cityboy craig???? B)

Try this:

43 year old nutcase rides a 300lb dual sport bike from Rancho Cucamonga to Las Vegas via Death Valley on Friday then enters the same bike in EX on Saturday. The LA-Barstow-Vegas route is typically 450 miles so I'm going to have to chisel it down quite a bit to make it in one day.

Not yet, but I hope Jen can load you and the bike into the truck! :rolleyes:

Your so right Copey ...

When I was stationed at Nellis AFB back in the 80's , I used to make the same commute every other weekend .

Either to Glendale or Palm Springs ... I would think a truck to load bike and rider after the race would be a wise idea ! Or it could be script for a reality tv show "stupid is ,as stupid does !"

Good luck with the adventure though :thumbup:

Glenn

Try this:

Good Luck, I sincerely hope you pull it off!!

Let us know how it goes.

Try this:

Every Harley Rider (or Ex Harley Rider) I ever knew had his old lady following him in an old Ford or Chevy Pickup.

Some things never change.

Every Harley Rider (or Ex Harley Rider) I ever knew had his old lady following him in an old Ford or Chevy Pickup.

Some things never change.

Now that's some funny stuff right there! Not sure which is heavier, my old Harley or that KLX of yours.

Now that's some funny stuff right there! Not sure which is heavier, my old Harley or that KLX of yours.

good luck Ringo! make sure to bring enough ENERGY drinks, if you know what I mean! Can you strap a GoPro to your helmet as well and tape the whole thing?? Make one hell of a film!!

Your doing this alone? Where's the Plonker Crew when you need em. Its beginning to look like the "Adventure" side of that Crew is Pit Racing and SCTA Meetings.

Your doing this alone? Where's the Plonker Crew when you need em. Its beginning to look like the "Adventure" side of that Crew is Pit Racing and SCTA Meetings.

Bob 'Maxiumum' Madden [Plonkers VP] is my wingman for the Adventure Ride out. Charlie will be on his annual 6x6 Expedition trip through the Mojave preserve. He's slated to be at Kokoweef on Sunday so Bob, Jen and I will be joining him to continue this incredible adveture after EX. The real "man" question will be whether or not we decide to race the KTMs back home from there.

Fraceman, I'm waiting for the extra battery for the GoPro!!!

Bob 'Maxiumum' Madden [Plonkers VP] is my wingman for the Adventure Ride out. Charlie will be on his annual 6x6 Expedition trip through the Mojave preserve. He's slated to be at Kokoweef on Sunday so Bob, Jen and I will be joining him to continue this incredible adveture after EX. The real "man" question will be whether or not we decide to race the KTMs back home from there.

Fraceman, I'm waiting for the extra battery for the GoPro!!!

Funny, we still haven't heard from Craig! What's up cityboy? Still chewing on those cookies you tossed last time you chanllenged me at EX?? You have the edge here as I see you've been racing your ass off and look to be in shape. I'm old, tired and out of shape so you should be able to readily spank me considering I'm obliterating myself the day before.