Rear wheel shaft assy & torx screw

leetrial

If it's the same as the 2011, all you need is the correct size of torx bit [trust me, it's really worth finding your nearet "snap-on" van and spending a small fortune to get a high quality set as nothing else will get the job done...]

Do NOT be tempted to try and use the nearest size allen key-this will simply result in lots of frustration and the need to buy a screw extractor kit....]

Good luck

i had the problem of the snail cams moving when you

try to loosen the wheel, the shop where i got it from

has told me to put some forward pressure on the wheel

which locks the cams, but i havent had time to try it

again. i also asked him if the replacement gas gas spindle

kit would fit but he didnt know.

let me know how you get on.

how are you finding the bike in general ?

jsp

Edited by jsp

Yes, it is a bit fiddly but as I'm writing this, an idea has just occured to me which might make it aa lot easier-I'll try it tonight and let you know tomorrow.

Absolutely LOVE the bike [had a 4RT before this], constantly amazed at the things it will do. [just had the P11 evo map installed which is really interesting to play with as it allows you to have two different bikes, in effect.

Very best wishes

Will-in-the-mud

sunlingkau, its the rear wheel spindle/bolt system we are

talking about as you undo it it spins the snail cams backwards.

has anyone got an gas gas spindle fitted to a TR280i

i know it wont look as good but i think it maybe more

practical

jsp

Hi jsp,

The GG axle is a different diameter.

To remove the axle lock bolt, you need a really good quality Torx bit, like a Koken or Facom or similar, other lesser makes will twist and tend to stuff up the Torx head. Some of the lock bolts are done up a little too tight and tend to gall up on the snail cam, there should be a washer there under the Torx bolt to prevent this. I would imagine that if you kept on turning the Torx head, to undo it, the snail cam should come up against a stop allowing the bolt to be removed.

When you do get this off, you can do the following mod to replace the Torx head (not a great fan of these), if you want.

Turn down the shoulder on the outside of the snail cam, until the area is almost flush with the snail cam surface. Then source a high tensile 17 or 19mm hex head bolt, zinc plated to replace the Torx bolt and include a washer, use lots of grease. I did this on a bike and it is so much easier to use a 19mm ring spanner to loosen off the rear wheel.

Bye, PeterB.

• 7 months later...

I bought the bike used last week. I did the first trial on the weekend and the bike run very good, I love it!

But today I went to adjust the drive chain and... impossible to remove the T50 on the rear wheel. I have a 240 ft/lbs electric impact and I broke the first T50. I have another one and I tried at least 5 minute to remove it and it doesn't move. I even heated it, nothing to do to remove it.

Do I need to use a stronger impact gun? What kind of impact gun did you used?