SCORPA T-RIDE OWNERS WHAT DO YOU THINK?

thespikeyone

I had a 2008 T-Ride, I have been riding it eversince and its been fulfilling my expectation..

The main reason I bought it is because I am a light person (130 lb, 5'7"), so the T-Ride bike size fit me better than a full size enduro bike. Its relatively light weight bike for an electric start 4 stroke !. Of course a CRF 230F or a TTR also small, but they are not a lightweight bike. When it was new the T-Ride weight nearly 100 Kg without fuel. Then the smog stuff removed, blinkers, Horns etc removed, then it weight about 98 kg. Now it weight about 95 kg since I change some of the heavy steel part such as Steering stem axle (2008 is steel, 2009 is aluminium alloy), all wheel axle (steel replaced by titanium), Lead acid Battery into lithium ion stuff.

During the early years, I had a lot of help from this forum to de-restrict the bike, For some reason the T-ride had an above average amount of anti-smog, anti-noise equipments. There is a standard Air Injection from Yamaha need to disconnect, Exhaust tip restrictor grind away, ECU need to be drilled, and cable cut, Catalytic converter in the head pipe need to be removed. You need to buy at least a pilot jet from del ortho to adjust the carb to the new state of tune. I dont know if anything else I need to remove, I heard there is an inlet restrictor after the carb.. Is That true ?

Now the ride.. so far I have been very happy, I rode strictly off-road, and the bike excells in the track/trails around island of Java, Indonesia. Its mostly steep technical slippery and muddy single track, with tight turns which the bike is really good at this condition. I change the flywheel into 2009 heavier flywheel, and the front sprocket to 11 teeth, which helps to reduce the stalling. I install also a Hydraulic clutch to lighten up the clutch pull..

Ok whats next ?.. I think the bike is a keeper, but I wanted to improve it a little bit more. I wanted to replace the stainless steel Muffler, its heavy (nearly 2.7 kg !) into something less restrictive and lighter. Any ideas ?..

The T-ride is the only bike I ever own (7 total), that if you weigh the front wheel and rear wheel independently, the scale in the front wheel is a few kilo heavier, all other bike usually the scale in the rear wheel is heavier by a few kilo. Dont know why, but I guess this contribute to the nice tighthandling along with the steep rake angle.

Suspension ? since I am light and I dont do high speed jumps, the suspension is right on the money. The front fork I did reduce the preload a little by cutting the plastic preload.

Viva T-Ride !.

• 4 weeks later...

Now then,

Done my first race today. Round 1 of SACU Hare and Hounds champs at Lochhouses. I am mega pleased with the EXC 200, it's so much lighter and easier to ride than the wr I had previously. I am pretty certain I made the right choice :thumbup: (by the way the ends of handle bars are still quite pointy if you land on them :dunce: ) beer time!!! takes the pain of 3hrs racing away :beer::beer::beer::beer: