Sherco ST250 2012 vs........

junfan

Hi all,

I've ridden motocross and enduro for years - and am just getting rid of my road bikes before I get myself in trouble :\ have been researching trials bikes for a while, and have had a go on an older (2003?) Beta and loved it. It was a bit of a shed, but enjoyed how different it was from enduro etc. I was originally looking at getting a new Gas Gas (250) but then the new Sherco 250 seems to have got rave reviews, and is meant to be user friendly. I normally jump into bike purchases head first...so am taking my time (a bit!) with this one....is there really a massive difference between the models, or is a newbie like myself likely to notice very little between the different makes?

Cheers

Rob

Rob, You won't go wrong with a Sherco 250. I have had one now for almost 2 years. I am also a new rider. This bike has all the low end you'll ever need, and is easy to ride, also well balanced. I find it to be a minimum of maintenance involved keeping in shape every week. Be aware that a larger engine, i.e. 290cc, may be a larger handful to handle. Best of luck.

"U HAVE TO GO 4RT BEST BIKES BEEN DOWN THE SHERCO THING AND NEVER AGAIN NEARLY GAVE THE SPORT UP. "

you said that about the Beta 4t 18 MONTHS AGO, before you fell out with it Justin.

NOUGHT WRONG WITH ANY MODERN TRIALS BIKE, NOT MUCH BETWEEN THEM ITS PERSONAL CHOICE. TRY THEM ALL ROB BEFORE YOU JUMP.

Edited by pandelboy

"U HAVE TO GO 4RT BEST BIKES BEEN DOWN THE SHERCO THING AND NEVER AGAIN NEARLY GAVE THE SPORT UP. "

you said that about the Beta 4t 18 MONTHS AGO, before you fell out with it Justin.

NOUGHT WRONG WITH ANY MODERN TRIALS BIKE, NOT MUCH BETWEEN THEM ITS PERSONAL CHOICE. TRY THEM ALL ROB BEFORE YOU JUMP.

thats true but i have had a mont/gas gas/sherco/beat 300 4t/back to mont.

beat 300 great bike but parts far to much to buy gas gas good bike but dont like 2t and the sherco never a gain it was that bad i was going to give up.

To the experienced rider there is probably a big difference between the two bikes.

To the newcomer probably not much.

You should beg a ride on both of them to see if you prefer one or the other.

You could win (or not) on either.

Hi all,

I've ridden motocross and enduro for years - and am just getting rid of my road bikes before I get myself in trouble :\ have been researching trials bikes for a while, and have had a go on an older (2003?) Beta and loved it. It was a bit of a shed, but enjoyed how different it was from enduro etc. I was originally looking at getting a new Gas Gas (250) but then the new Sherco 250 seems to have got rave reviews, and is meant to be user friendly. I normally jump into bike purchases head first...so am taking my time (a bit!) with this one....is there really a massive difference between the models, or is a newbie like myself likely to notice very little between the different makes?

Cheers

Rob

how many sherco bikes do you see at trials

I recommend the Sherco, I have been riding them since they first came out, I have never not finished a trial because of the bike. Very easy to maintain as well. I think you will love it, the only things that werent fantastic on the 2011 are the carburation and the rear shock, those have been addressed on the 2012.

Don't know how many Sherco's you see at trials...as not been to any :/ do you not see many? My local trials club is at berkhamstead, so I'll go have a look and see if anyone is nice enough to let me have a go on a couple :D don't want to rush into anything (like the Ducati 1198s I have sat in the garage...for sale btw ;) !) and wish I'd bought a different bike. You'll always find someone that has had a bad experience with a manufacturer if you ask enough people...as they'll be the ones that are vocal about their bad experiences I guess. Cheers for all the replies...I'll let you know how I get on :)

Don't know how many Sherco's you see at trials...as not been to any :/ do you not see many? My local trials club is at berkhamstead, so I'll go have a look and see if anyone is nice enough to let me have a go on a couple :D don't want to rush into anything (like the Ducati 1198s I have sat in the garage...for sale btw ;) !) and wish I'd bought a different bike. You'll always find someone that has had a bad experience with a manufacturer if you ask enough people...as they'll be the ones that are vocal about their bad experiences I guess. Cheers for all the replies...I'll let you know how I get on :)

The next trial in your area is your club Berkhamstead at dews farm (UB9 6JN)near dog trust at harefield. You will see what bike they ride in comps ,have a chance to talk the guys what their are like to live with. You will see mostly beta and gasgas with one or two sherco / montesa about.