ACU Online Licence Application.

pete_scorpa3

The new online licence or trials registration system is now available from the ACU.

When you join a club, the Membership Secretary will give you a unique number to prove that you have joined a club.

Go online HERE and you can bring up your details using your licence number.

Check and amend as necessary your personal information and put your unique number in the space provided.

Pay by debit card and your licence will automatically be updated and you will be instantly emailed to confirm the payment recieved.

Riders joining the our club will find their unique number next to their name on their 2012 club membership card.

Brilliant! Completed mine in less than two minutes, job done for 2012. :thumbup:

Perfect! I hope we can copy this for the SACU shortly!

Big John

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the ACU on 10/11/2011, last Thursday.

I received a very nice reply within two hours which included our numbers.

We have had our numbers sent to us prior to my email but have provided the ACU with the wrong email address.

Trials is a relatively small community, the ACU are a great help and benefit to clubs, it would have taken the same time to email them directly and ask where your club numbers are as it would to type negative comments on Trials Central forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Just done my renewal on-line for both me and my son. It was soooooo simple.

I often forget to get our license signed and stamped until the way home from a trial. This made everything much easier. A good move by the ACU.

Just a question. If you apply online do you still need to supply a number from an ACU Club ? just asking because some of the riders at a recent trial of ours said they had renewed direct and didnt need to supply a dedicated number from an ACU club.

I don't think the licence is valid until a number is supplied. Not sure what the ACU will do if that rider enters an event though?

I don't think the licence is valid until a number is supplied. Not sure what the ACU will do if that rider enters an event though?

Thanks it's possably more relevant to us as a lot of "local" riders just want an ACU licence so they can ride the Pre65 Scottish, Alvie and the occaisional local "Classic" trial containing road work. Will have to wait and see what happens. Thanks again for the reply. :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

Just a question. If you apply online do you still need to supply a number from an ACU Club ? just asking because some of the riders at a recent trial of ours said they had renewed direct and didnt need to supply a dedicated number from an ACU club.

renewal on line only possible with a club number code.

renewal on line only possible with a club number code.

thanks Nigel i thought that was the case but when i told riders last Sunday i couldnt sign their forms for next year the majourity said oh i'll just go online and do it. I thought they would need a club number but didnt see the point in saying anything. :icon_salut:

thanks Nigel i thought that was the case but when i told riders last Sunday i couldnt sign their forms for next year the majourity said oh i'll just go online and do it. I thought they would need a club number but didnt see the point in saying anything. :icon_salut:

If you were going to sign their forms they must be 2012 members so you should give them a code?

If you were going to sign their forms they must be 2012 members so you should give them a code?

dont quite get the 2012 bit as it's only 2011 at the moment. Whatever. It all gets a bit confusing where our "club" is concerned as we dont actually have a club membership never have had. All our trials are run on an open permit so there is really no need for us to have a membership as such. In all the years we as a club have been going this has been the case. Gets even more err shall we say "difficult" because next year, 2012, we are going to be AMCA not ACU so as we wont be an ACU club it's a bit "impossible" to sign their forms and give them an ACU number. Just suggested to the people who asked that they might have to join another ACU club if only to get a number from them and then get their licence. As an aside i know it has been "decided" to issue the numbers to "tie" people to a club but dont quite see why as a lot of riders ride ACU, AMCA and YMSA events locally. OK probably not members of other clubs as possibly just ride "open" status events.

BTW not knocking the ACU as i think the online renewal system is a great idea.

I was only asking so that i could give a correct response to any more people who might ask. Thanks :thumbup:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

If your club isnt affilliated to the ACU you shouldn't be signing riders ACU licence renewal forms!

Any rider who submits a form for a 2012 licence will require a Club Membership and a unique code number.

The ACU licencing department are contacting club secretary's to verify riders are members before issuing riders a licence.

It's working really well