Irc are they an issue

smalley250

I bought an IRC recently fitted it to the latest style GasGas rim and yes, I spent the first trial pumping it up between sections! Then re-fitted it using a bead of clear silicone on the rim where the tyre seats and it was fine for the next trial. Time will tell whether this is a temporary or permanent fix. My next tyre will be a Michelin.

There must be a problem.

I tested a tyre yesterday that the owner had a problem with.

Hit any rocks, curbs, 4x4 plank etc and the thing is going flat.

Tried every pressure between 3 and 6 psi in half psi increments

But not difference.

Swapped it for a Michelin - problem solved on the spot.

This same subject was on here about two months ago with loads of pages stating the same problem......

The answer was and still is get a Michelin!.

Yes we had the same trouble , new Michy solved the problem , this is one item that you cannot cut corners on . Michelin every time .

I've been using IRC tubeless rears since 1996 and never had a problem like this. Although I no longer have a modern bike, I've fitted tubeless rims to my twinshocks and use IRC on them with no problem. New one on now been used 2 or 3 times and not lost any air. Previous one on for 14 months and not lost any air.

It has to be something to do with the new rims. The tyre works fine on the older 36 spoke type and it's only in the last couple of years that the problem has arisen on the 32 spoke rims (first happened on the Beta Evo if I remember correctly)

The tyres haven't changed, but the rims have. In which case using a Michelin or Dunlop would seem to be the only answer.

ive stopped selling them,had to many problems.they must twist on the rim and let the air out , no air left in the wheel but still on the rim.complained to the supplier,they said they cant do anything as the percentage of complaints were not enough.

Had IRC on 4rt rim this year and no problems lossing air. Did have it come off the rim tho without puncturing first, but maybe just running too low a pressure.

Regardless of loosing air don't find them as good as a michelin anyway

If only somebody could invent some sort of rubber bladder say to hold the air while the tyre was left to do the job of handling the power and weight.

Oh, hang on a minute....................

Edited by 2/4