new scorpa ( e- bike )

gwhy

Would extra battery packs be expensive? I don't think one charge would make it through a trail. BTW Scorpa, all we really want is either the old Yammie Scorpa or an entirely new motor instead of the Sherco!

It would depend on how big the loops are to whether one charge will make it though a complete trial. I cant speak for scorpa and how much they will charge for a additional battery pack but the cost of high quality cells are quite expensive and at the current prices ( but the prices are going down nearly on a monthly basis ) a 48v 25Ah battery pack would be around £500 if you made one up yourself.

edit : Looking at the zero motorcycles web site and the price of there ( last years ) battery with charger is $2,999 ( £2,000 ), but I know that this years 2012 release of there new motorcycle have a range of 114 miles between charges and a top speed of 80mph so they have obviously got some better battery's for the 2012 lineup. The battery used on the zero is a bigger capacity ( nearly double ) that is used on the scorpa so a similar battery and charger should be around £1200 ( at zero motorcycle prices )

Edited by gwhy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic