3rd Annual Thanksgiving Night Trials

amiller

A couple quick videos from our 3rd Annual Thanksgiving Night Trials. All in attendance seemed to have a good time once again. Its a different perspective on trials to say the least! Nothing like trying to figure out how deep the water is in the creek at each crossing with your headlight. Sometimes a little Faith is in order. Looking forward to next year.

Aaron

Sorry about the quality, but I was asked to post them anyway.

Edited by AMiller

Built from scratch in my buddies garage. Started life as an idea and some straight tubing.

I enjoyed riding Vintage Trials but I didnt like the old geometry of the bikes, high pegs far forward, short swing arm, a lot of rake. I started modifying my TY175. Longer swing arm, lower and moved back foot pegs, more shock angle, TY 250 front end... Anyway, I just decided that modifying was not the right approach. Might as well start from an idea.

I used a 200X Honda ATC motor, wanted the forward kick, early Aprilla inverted forks and clamps, and tried to build a frame around that to match my Beta REV geometry as close as possible. Cut out a head stock on a lathe to use with the Aprilla nose and started bending tube.

Bike works well for me. Brakes suck still. Have to find some Fantic, SWM, or Bull hubs. My TY hubs are not cutting it. Suspension is great. Very capable of Zaps and Splatters. If at some point I can get some drum brakes that work better I will probably quit the new bikes and ride the built bike for all trials. With the front end set up it would be easy to convert back to a front disc brake.

So far we have 4 TY 250 versions , 2 200X Honda powered bikes, and 1 441 Victor BSA powered monster out there competing. The 5th TY 250 version should be ready for the spring.

Aaron

Built from scratch in my buddies garage. Started life as an idea and some straight tubing.

I enjoyed riding Vintage Trials but I didnt like the old geometry of the bikes, high pegs far forward, short swing arm, a lot of rake. I started modifying my TY175. Longer swing arm, lower and moved back foot pegs, more shock angle, TY 250 front end... Anyway, I just decided that modifying was not the right approach. Might as well start from an idea.

I used a 200X Honda ATC motor, wanted the forward kick, early Aprilla inverted forks and clamps, and tried to build a frame around that to match my Beta REV geometry as close as possible. Cut out a head stock on a lathe to use with the Aprilla nose and started bending tube.

Bike works well for me. Brakes suck still. Have to find some Fantic, SWM, or Bull hubs. My TY hubs are not cutting it. Suspension is great. Very capable of Zaps and Splatters. If at some point I can get some drum brakes that work better I will probably quit the new bikes and ride the built bike for all trials. With the front end set up it would be easy to convert back to a front disc brake.

So far we have 4 TY 250 versions , 2 200X Honda powered bikes, and 1 441 Victor BSA powered monster out there competing. The 5th TY 250 version should be ready for the spring.

Aaron

SWEET! :thumbup: