No stop

dave horne

Yeadon Guiselel DMC held their AGM last night and voted all club trials will go No Stop for 2012.

Also confirmed was two seperate routes for the small wheels and EClass courses.

D & C class riders on electric or petrol bikes not quite ready for the main small wheels class are more than welcome to ride the E route until they feel ready to move up.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am bloody annoyed by this. It was not communicated to the general membership that the rules were on the AGM's Agenda. I didn't know this and am very disappointed as I am supposed to be one of the main avenues for news from Yeadon Guisleley. It very much seems that certain members of the club decided to keep the agenda "quiet" in order to get the result they wanted. Personally I feel disappointed that I could not give the opportunity to those members who wished to stay TSR22A to vote. If this is the way TSR22B "supporters" are going to act this could get very messy!!

Edited by Telecat

Just wait to see the outcome of a meeting in Rugby today! Think you may find stop permitted is soon non existent!

I Doubt it. Many clubs still have Stop rules and prefer them. As I stated I don't like the tactics employed here.

Edited by Telecat

Jeremy, I didn't vote either way on this rule change, so I've no axe to grind. Also, I had no idea what was on the agenda until they were handed out about 10 minutes before the AGM started. I'm not too sure what you mean regarding motives etc?

The No Stop point was raised, a few argued for and few against. Then it went to an open vote and there were significantly more in favour than against.

Oh dear, been here before.

No stop ok in theory but not in practice, section plotters have to layout sections to suit no stop ridding which they rarely do. Modern bikes are made to be ridden of the clutch once you have disengaged clutch practicaly you have stopped forward motion. It actually makes the observers job more diffcult (how hard is it to find observers)? Imagine a straight forward section up a stream with a slippy waterfall exit Mr novice tries it with a flat out aggressive style good effort but a five Mr smooth expert rides steadily up stream pauses ever so brifily fires up waterfall brilliant ride only ridder to get up observer says no it was a five can you imagine what happend next (true story.

Not the way forward.

I Doubt it. Many clubs still have Stop rules and prefer them. As I stated I don't like the tactics employed here.

We will see wont we!

I don't honestly see the problem you have with no stop, maybe it's down to that your lad isn't as good at no stop. Who knows! I wonder if Bradford will follow the trend.

Jeremy, I didn't vote either way on this rule change, so I've no axe to grind. Also, I had no idea what was on the agenda until they were handed out about 10 minutes before the AGM started. I'm not too sure what you mean regarding motives etc?

The No Stop point was raised, a few argued for and few against. Then it went to an open vote and there were significantly more in favour than against.

Not Attacking you Dave, I "don't shoot the messenger". It's that no details that this was to be voted on were passed to me to include on the web site. I also am on the mailing list and this was not circulated by that means either. Given that It is relatively important I would have thought the club would have liked to have given all the riders the opportunity to participate. Given that it seems to have been "missed" I suspect many more riders would have turned out to vote and that may not have resulted in this result. But perhaps that was was the intention.

Edited by Telecat

Just wait to see the outcome of a meeting in Rugby today! Think you may find stop permitted is soon non existent!

Why would the ACU wish to do that? Currently clubs can shoose from either, we run three trials under TSR22A and four trials under TSR22B, no problem, everyone's happy. What would the ACU gain by making clubs use one or the other?

Telecat

I get the impression that you knew that the AGM was being held, but you were unaware of the agenda. If that is the case you chose not to be there, so you can hardly blame all those who did turn out for voting for an outcome that you disagree with

Why would the ACU wish to do that? Currently clubs can shoose from either, we run three trials under TSR22A and four trials under TSR22B, no problem, everyone's happy. What would the ACU gain by making clubs use one or the other?

The basic idea is that trials has 2 scoring systems which is complicated for observers and the aim is to simplify things nationwide. Think you may find the BTC will be running no stop and maybe others will follow the trend. I can only relay what I've been told. If it helps the participant sport that it is grow then I'm all for it. I don't see why people are worried, why not just give it a try!

We will see wont we!

I don't honestly see the problem you have with no stop, maybe it's down to that your lad isn't as good at no stop. Who knows! I wonder if Bradford will follow the trend.

The problem is simple. I haven't seen a "No-Stop" Trial these days that either is so easy it barely takes a mark or so hard it leaves us observers open to abuse when we do award a five for stopping!!!!

Perhaps the problem is from your end of the argument. Every problem at a Trial is Because it's not NO-STOP. Every low entry is because it's not NO-STOP. Low bike sales??? If we went NO-STOP.... etc etc etc. It's like water torture. Every good Trial is No-Stop. Every Bad Trial is Stop. Sorry it does not work that way. But of course most of the Chorus seems to be from a bygone age and they believe if they sing from the same OLD song book somebody will listen.

Make a Trial EASY and you'll get riders no matter what the rules. Don't clash with another club and you'll get riders. Only when you wonder why only 6-10 riders turn up for BTC and only about the same can win S3 rounds don't blame the rules

It's not all the old riders that want no stop at all. This is the point you miss. I for one think that there are too many trials running on the same days within a close proximity of eachother. That is a completely different argument though. When I started riding the rules were stop allowed and you could reverse feet up but were penalised for a stationary dab. I didn't think much of no stop until I tried it and practised it. Do you think Doug moaned about it as when stop for a 1 was introduced he had just won his first world championship? Did he buggery! He went out and learnt how to ride without stopping! People seem to think that technical sections aren't possible no stop which couldn't be further from the truth. Riders just need to give it a try and know that they will be fived for stopping, simple!

I reply with trepidation :unsure:

I am very very new to trials, mainly to get my son riding, who is enjoying himself very much btw.

Take me as an 'out of the loop' straight talking bloke, this is how I see it :

The rules are confusing, I havn't even tried to explain them to the lad yet (I dont even understand them myself yet), apart from keep ya feet up and dont fall off!... seems way way to complex.

To have different rules at different clubs for the same sport seems ridiculous.

My wife was going to volunteer to get involved observing, she has however thought beter of it, for the time at least, 2 reasons for that, firstly she can't understand the rules, secondly the sections look so complicated neither of us can figure out where all the different routes go.Always seem to look like someones thrown a bag of multi coloured pegs up a hillside.

Maybe the above is difficult to comprehend for the old hands but like it or not its fact.

Youngsters : he's got the wheelie going on .. so he's moved on to stoppies ..... he's practicing balancing .. why?? Because he can't wait to be able hop about like the pro's!!

Just the way I see it all, agree or not the above is very simply fact from the eyes of a newbie ;)