BTC Gone No Stop.

hrcmonty

I think we'll have to wait until the section plotters have done their bit first before we cast judgement on its success. What would be interesting would be to get rid of the support class routes and make every one ride the champ route.

So one route only, how would dibs loose marks yet the bottom lads from the 3rd route not get maximums?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe someone can invent a device that beeps when the front wheel stops moving. A speedo sensor could be adapated. That way the rider knows he's stopped, as do the crowd and crucially the observer does too.

The importers could supply at cost price to help promote no stop if this is their worry? :shutup:

What about when the front wheel is in the air and when it's locked solid going down a muddy rut?! Doesn't work unfortunately! Good, fair observing is the only way.

i just cant see where the extra entries will come from, moreover will a few lads prefer spain or italy if they are stop allowed?

A very good question indeed ! If an English rider wishes to be competitive in the WTC they will only be handicapped by competing in his,or her, own National events!

Edited by camberman

A very good question indeed ! If an English rider wishes to be competitive in the WTC he will only be handicapped by competing in his,or her, own National events!

Was talking about this thread with a friend of mine who used to be pretty handy on a trials bike and he pointed out that when he started to compete in the European Championships, they didnt have a WTC back then, he upped sticks and went to live in Spain to hone his already impressive skills. That was back in the late 60's.

So whats changed?

I believe the importers have had advocated a move like this for a while. You would assume they would not do anything that would alienate them from the manufacture they represent!!. Therefore do we assume that the factories want this any maybe the brave desicion by the Brits and the ACU may be the catalyst for change for the rest and WTC.