Buying a new bike, which one ?

curt531

OK guys , who has bought a new 2012 250cc Gas Gas or Sherco, I want to get one but unsure which one to go for, have a 2011 Sherco 290 at the moment but after 5 months of riding it I feel a 250 suits me better, not been able to blag a go on either model yet so I was wondering what the people who have them think of them, good or bad ? I am over 40 rider doing yellow route trials so no expert, I know a new bike wont make me a better rider but I do seem to spend too much time controlling the power rather than riding the bike if you know what I mean, your thoughts would be very welcome, :icon_salut:

I have a 2010 Sherco 250 and my mate has just upgraded from a 2011 Sherco 250 to a new 2012 sherco 250. He has decided to get another 250 as he has found the power to be just right for his style of riding which is well above my skill level. He has chosen a Sherco again due to the excellent reliabillity, ease of servicing & parts and because the 250 shercos barely sniff the fuel - they're very economical for a trials bike. We ride regularly with a 2011 Ossa and both agree that for our style of riding as average clubman riders the Ossa has possibly too much power and most times in the section you're trying to control the power. On the 250s, although a bit snappy at first, you're not in any danger of getting thrown from the bike due to power.

Cheers

Beta 200. You will wonder why you did not do this ten years ago. I am, and since changing I am nearly a really bad riding god. I had a 300 Raga before and now find that on the 200 I can tackle most things without getting in a flap over power.

Put simply - it just works everywhere and you don't look for more power.

Thanks for input guys,I'm not interested in a 4t, never rode one so not about to buy one, Montesa are way over priced, Rode a beta, don't like um.For me only interested in the Sherco or the GasGas,both have pro's & con's.My son has a 2005 GG txt pro, 7 years old & apart from wear & tear she still rides well,my Sherco has been very reliable in the time I've had it,I supose it's going to come down to which one looks the best to me :thumbup:

Beta 200 is a heap oh pish, wouldn't touch one.

Scorpa is the way forward :thumbup:

So can we say when Kids are managing things on 200cc

Errol2011055.jpg

Errol2011062.jpg

You on your 290 and with you having the better bike it should have been easier than the kids.

Errol2011070.jpg

Errol2011071.jpg

Just about

Errol2011072.jpg

But No

Errol2011073.jpg

Your Pure Pish

Errol2011040.jpg

Looks more like a rider issue to me than bike.

Problem is a bike can change a fair bit in year to year, as i had an 07 Gasser 300 and it was lovely and soft yet the 2011 are animals by all accounts. Two mates last year bought 2010 and 2009 Gassers 250cc yet the 2010 was way more snappy n both had the same use so not due to wear n tear.

As always try before you buy as its each to thier own.