Beta 80 intermittent fault

spike123

My daughters 2010 Beta 80 has intermittent fault which appears occasionally when engine is reving ,normally on climbs it momentarily cuts out then runs fine for another 5/10 mins and fault appears again when engine under power as if it's a misfire ,I,ve tried disconnecting kill switch and replacing spark plug ,to no avail ....Any ideas on this problem would be appreciated if anybody out there has experienced similar problem with beta 80...Many thanks

We had the same problem with our 2010 evo 80 (it would just miss one beat at low to mid rev but it was very intermitant) we changed the CDI unit and that sorted it. After removing the CDI I found that water had enterded the short cable sheath leading to the CDI unit (possibly during jet washing) may be worth removing the CDI and see if any water comes out of the cable entry.

We sealed the new CDI sheath and has been ok since.

John

We had the same problem with our 2010 evo 80 (it would just miss one beat at low to mid rev but it was very intermitant) we changed the CDI unit and that sorted it. After removing the CDI I found that water had enterded the short cable sheath leading to the CDI unit (possibly during jet washing) may be worth removing the CDI and see if any water comes out of the cable entry.

We sealed the new CDI sheath and has been ok since.

John

Thanks For the replies guys will check out all your possible causes over the coming days