S3 Rim Tape

fatbastard

Has anyone used it if so on what bike and what colour did you go for.

I've seen the green S3 tape on an new OSSA and it looked very nice.. and blue on a new Sherco :thumbup: .

There's a video on YouTube of S3 fitting it to a KTM.

I wonder how durable it is?, it doesn't look as thick as the normal [ktm] rim tape, it would be interesting to hear from someone that's fitted it.

I have the white S3 rim kit on my Gas Gas and I love the look. Most people that have commented say they like it too. I've seen black on a 4RT, red on a Beta and green on an Ossa and all look good in my eyes.

Fitting and durability wise:

Fitting - is tricky(ish) and takes a fair bit of time, patience and a heatgun. These stickers are very thick and strong so need to be heated get correct shape etc of the rim. Luckily they are good, strong and sticky enough for you to be able to remove a section and reseal in case of an error when fitting.

I would guess that they maybe took me an hour to do in total and IMO are well worth the effort

Durability - as mentioned above they are very stong and very sticky so from that side will be very durable. I have had no issues so far with rocks or washing even starting to damage or remove the stickers so I'd give the 10/10

I can't see why people are knocking

Durability - as mentioned above they are very stong and very sticky so from that side will be very durable. I have had no issues so far with rocks or washing even starting to damage or remove the stickers so I'd give the 10/10

I can't see why people are knocking

Got some white on a sherco, pretty easy to apply with a heat gun, although when they arrived I was surprised the are straight. But with the heat they conform to the rim nicely, had them on since the summer, no damage, clean up easily.

IMG_2118.jpg

Got some white on a sherco, pretty easy to apply with a heat gun, although when they arrived I was surprised the are straight. But with the heat they conform to the rim nicely, had them on since the summer, no damage, clean up easily.

IMG_2118.jpg

They look trick!

im having a set,fk it.

• 11 months later...