What do you want?

chr155_d

The topic title says it all,

I want to hear what people want from trials?

I want to get better each time I ride,

What i would like is for motorcycle trials to be a more like cycle trials, I find it brilliant to watch cycle trials riders out practising and trying different techniques and approach's to obstacles

I recognise observed competitive motorycle trials is an event where each man ride's his own trial (which is good and I also enjoy that aspect) but I would like to see a shakedown type practise session at the start or end of each event where people practise and push themselves to try things and riding in groups does bring your riding on a lot in comparison to competition

So what do you want?

I have been pushing myself hard this year to improve my skill and I have been riding well. I broke my arm on my sherco several weeks ago riding challenging stuff which means I'm out for 3 months+ and I haven't worked for 3 weeks since it happened. I had surgey to install titanium plates and screws and a bone graft last week. The surgery hurt like hell and my wife wants me to sell my bike because TRIALS IS DANGEROUS! Needless to say that when I'm riding next year I will be riding quite conservatively and only for fun. I can't even wheel my bike out of the shed to wash it LOL ;) At least there's no blood on it

Cheers

Hi

Sections to be marked out all the same, maybe like fim world trials with arrows? what ever colour route you follow has its dedicated colour none of this red on your right blue on the left, then if you on an easy route you suddenly change to a different colour!

maybe even number markers?

I have a bad habit of getting lost! I think i need sat nav for the section!

and whats with not being able to stop? bouncy kids will still beat us all anyway!!

Oh more places that are set up with man made obstacles everything seem to be really extreme or to easy

this my help to make the sport more popular and get new young riders to be discovered.

Rich

Edited by rij

Hi

Dont a few of the better riders get together after a trial and ride some big rock or ride a impossible hill climb to see who can get the highest, lots of banter, shouting and good old friendly abuse. They do here. I just want to have fun, and see the top guys strut their stuff.

Fresh air, get a sweat on, smell A747 on the breeze, test myself, break myself, break my bike, go home mentally and physically tired, wash bike, lube bike, fettle bike, take to practice ground, fresh air, get a sweat on....... you get the idea.

Spend an hour on friday afternoon riding around the farm on a quad,s--t myself when it runs away down a steep bank....

Spend saturday marking out with more mickeytaking than should be allowed.Pray for decent weather on sunday morning and that plenty of riders,(And ten observers) turn up.Get to have a ride myself.Nobody hurts themselves,the results appear by magic on the website - and we do it all again next time.

I'm looking forward to sunday,without snow the venue has alot to offer,and my Ariel is nearly fit to ride..... :thumbup:

what do i want out of trials?

friendly banter before ,during, and after the ride.

nobody clean, nobody over 100, nobody hurt.

no rain.

no bloody ramblers.

but the best thing after a trial is happy observers! :thumbup:

" nuff said !!!

(but I don't mind rain ,or snow ...)

Glenn