Sprite Goldfinger

marthill92

man, i can't beleive how 'chopper' that fork angle looks!!!!!!

They were all like that back then. Sections were different and what you needed for long slots, long rocky climbs etc, which is what we rode, was stability. You can always easily mod it for todays turn up your own ar5e sections. Then again if you rode one in competition nowadays it will probably be at a Classic Club so not that much of a problem. No worse than a Bultaco and if my old grey cells remember correctly a shorter wheelbase than the old Bulto as well so it all balances out.

Let us know how you get on.

I do not profess to be anything of an authority on Sprites but I have started a picture collection on Flickr.

If you dont mind Ill copy your pics and post them there.

If anyone else wants to add stuf you can easily join Flickr or send me pics and Ill add them.

There are some bikes called Goldfingers in there, only because thats what I was told they were.

goldfinger sprite 125 1970

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1391096@N22/

Alex

You can always easily mod it for todays turn up your own ar5e sections.

Mines going to stay just as it is and it seems all the sections in these parts are also "turn up your own ar5s"

Now that we have established our bikes are not Goldfingers, did they have a model mane or are they just Sachs powered Sprites.

Bigshineybike feel free to use my pictures.

Mines going to stay just as it is and it seems all the sections in these parts are also "turn up your own ar5s"

Now that we have established our bikes are not Goldfingers, did they have a model mane or are they just Sachs powered Sprites.

Bigshineybike feel free to use my pictures.

Just 125 Sprite. They were good bikes in their day and they are probably responsable for getting more "bums on seats" over here than any other bike with the possible exception of the Greeves Scottish. Shame there arent more of them still being used.

Just 125 Sprite. They were good bikes in their day and they are probably responsable for getting more "bums on seats" over here than any other bike with the possible exception of the Greeves Scottish. Shame there arent more of them still being used.

From what info I have been able to find about Sprites it seems one of the development/factory riders name was Dennis Jones. The irony here is that is also my name. To bad I don't have some of the talent.

James Smith, Jeff Smiths son was at the AHRMA cross country race I had this bike delivered to and he had never saw one.

Edited by kanur