chapman bsa

ybr

It never really worked back then . Triumph seemed to work, they have been taking on the big 4 for a while now....

The Chapman BSA would have been a success if it'd had Bloors millions backing it like Triumph. As it was, the bike was turned into a trials bike by a couple of fellas in a workshop in Evesham. :icon_salut:

The Chapman BSA would have been a success if it'd had Bloors millions backing it like Triumph. As it was, the bike was turned into a trials bike by a couple of fellas in a workshop in Evesham. :icon_salut:

Sorry I wasn't referring to the bike in question I was referring to the use of established names like the BSA tracker, Brigand and Beaver, it was just a name. People bought the rights to names and they could pin them to anything.

Hi CMITCHELL,

I have just purchased a Chapman BSA, frame no. TR001 thought to be the first of the 3 prototypes.

I am just starting to strip it down for total restoration. As I live on the Dorset/ Wiltshire border I wondered if its possible to come and look at yours and take dimensions of all the decals for reproducing as all mine are gone!!

Or could you email some close-ups with dims?

Many thanks

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi CMitchell,

Some close-ups would be good thankyou, Yes its the one from ebay! Its already completely stripped and I have carried out frame repairs & alterations to the back end as it should not have a loop!

I have carried this out working from your photo on trials central so a few Dims would be nice also as I can check and change before it goes to paint next week.

I have been in contact with Mick Chapman who has been very helpful.

You can send the photo,s to k.haskell493@btinternet.com if you would prefer.

Cheers Kev

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Finaly i have managed to find out something about these bikes. I have been trying for years and until now couldnt find anything. I've been reading the threads on these bikes and they have been very interesting to read. Saw the bike on ebay for sale a while back. Was wondering if anyone knew the value of these bikes?

Scott

• 2 years later...

So for bike 004 it has now had a basic and very sensitive rebuild, a bit of powder coating to Frame, hubs and barrel. new mudguards tyres, and that's about it. All alloy bits polished but I left the tank cover untouched as it would be hard to replicate it and lose the originality.

I have put one new pic on and will get some more done soon