AHRMA Observed Section ENDS

tony283

The 2012 Ahrma Vintage Trials schedule is little more than an insult to the outgoing National Trials Coordinators, Ed and Evelyn Peacock who have worked tirelessly to promote high quality and enjoyable trials during their long stint in office. The article on my blog has created considerable interest in the possible "way ahead" and all comments are welcome from those with a Vintage Trials passion.

Tony

Edited by tony283

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2012 Ahrma Vintage Trials schedule is little more than an insult to the outgoing National Trials Coordinators, Ed and Evelyn Peacock who have worked tirelessly to promote high quality and enjoyable trials during their long stint in office. The article on my blog has created considerable interest in the possible "way ahead" and all comments are welcome from those with a Vintage Trials passion.

Tony

When it comes to trials, the AHRMA organization (not Ed and Evelyn) has been a joke for a number of years now. Thus, my lack of membership for a number of years now. The most recent reminder of their failure had to do with an AHRMA event, out at our local riding area. Months and months ago, the planning took place. The local organizer wanted to have motocross, hare and hound, and trials.

All efforts were made to get AHRMA on board. Local clubs were each taking a piece, and organizing it, with no effort on AHRMA's part. Just put it on the schedule, and let your members know about it. In the end, AHRMA simply couldn't be bothered with anything other than the motocross. So, with all the effort put into organizing the hare and hound, and trial, they took place as non-AHRMA fun events.

When it comes to trials, the AHRMA top dogs couldn't care less about you. Make the move to ITSA (http://www.twinshock.org/).

Tony

Tony Ahrma is dead and soon to be gone when it comes to trials.

I have been to one Ahrma trial. It was the WV trial a year ago.

Before I even got the bike off the trailer, I had five people come up to it and tell me that the bike was not legal to ride. Now this is a tricked out TY175 with a Fiberglass tank&seat, Miller exhaust, shorty front pipe, home made air box, layed down shocks.

I have ridden this bike all over the Northeast and never had anyone say the bike was not legal to ride.

So I never took the bike off the trailer. But I just left. I live within 2 hour of where the trial was held and I will never go to a Ahrma event again.

This same trial the WV Ahrma I think had a total of less then ten riders.

I could understand it if they had 100 plus rides, but when only 10 show up and ride for a National trial then something is really wrong.

Ahrma may it rest in peace

Wvtrials

First a big thank you to Ed & Evelyn for all the effort, time & money devoted to helping all of us that ride vintage trials. It makes no difference if you ride Ahrma, ITSA or your local trials we are all better off because of them.

As for whats next I agree with with DG, Trials by Trials riders for Trials riders. RIP Ahrma!

After loosing AMA sanctioning,my local club wouldn`t allow me to use there areas... But this year I finally got my big break....Motoventures stepped up and was gonna allow me to host my 1st. AHRMA National....Layout....to be held on Saturday, the day before El Trial de Espania at same location....Local club would be hosting event same day at same location on there own sections.... With Sunday, we could have a fun trial on modern clubs sections from day before...2 trials for the price of 1, with El Trial as a great way to end the weekend(starts later Sunday afternoon)...might have even gotten some of the older pro`s to break out their old bikes and show us thier skills...!

After repeated phone calls...I gave up.... Have a great supporting cast of riders willing to help me(SW AHRMA coordinator) out...

This place is awesome...also 2012`s location for round 1 & 2 of N.A.T.C. National trials series....I`ve moved over to the TS class of N.A.T.C. and would love to see this class grow....Also been intrested in I.T.S.A.

I love TRIALS and love my vintage bikes.....Sad to see A.H.R.M.A give up on trials....but they gave up on us before i gave up on them.... :(

ITSA fact that itsa events are real trials events ...

Bob has made a fantastic series of events ,and I believe if you contact him @B&J Racing , he can set up a club charter for you , including ins. provisions too. (I think...)

The only problem is he can't clone himself to layout sections for you ... He is the master at laying out no stop class appropriate sections. I personally haven't

been to TN. to see him for over a year now ,(work,spec miata racing,kids, college, etc...)But he has helped with our local clubs events and rules.

Trials by Trials riders for Trials riders... Thanks Bob .

Glenn

And PS Tony , How is that beautiful RE ???

Edited by axulsuv

First a big thank you to Ed & Evelyn for all the effort, time & money devoted to helping all of us that ride vintage trials. It makes no difference if you ride Ahrma, ITSA or your local trials we are all better off because of them.

I couldn't agree more.

Jon

just need to drop the no stop

Now i know it doesnt effect me as i dont ride in the usa but why do you feel they need to drop the no stop? I would have thought it was totally appropriate for a twinshock organisation to run trials to no stop rules. If you run to stop allowed rules the sections will just get tighter and tighter to allow for all the bu66ering about and the steps will get bigger and bigger for the same reason. Trials clubs over here are rapidly coming to the conclusion that no stop is the way to go and all Classic clubs have been no stop for ever. Even the Scottish and Scott are no stop.

Edited by Old trials fanatic

I would have thought it was totally appropriate for a twinshock organisation to run trials to no stop rules. If you run to stop allowed rules the sections will just get tighter and tighter to allow for all the bu66ering about and the steps will get bigger and bigger for the same reason.

OTF :agreed:

Now i know it doesnt effect me as i dont ride in the usa but why do you feel they need to drop the no stop? I would have thought it was totally appropriate for a twinshock organisation to run trials to no stop rules. If you run to stop allowed rules the sections will just get tighter and tighter to allow for all the bu66ering about and the steps will get bigger and bigger for the same reason. Trials clubs over here are rapidly coming to the conclusion that no stop is the way to go and all Classic clubs have been no stop for ever. Even the Scottish and Scott are no stop.

OTF you can rest assured we will never be going Stop allowed ! A momentary "hesitation" as it was in the 60's is acceptable, vintage trials machines are designed to be ridden no clutch, perfect throttle control and good use of all the flywheel has to offer.

Tony

OTF you can rest assured we will never be going Stop allowed ! A momentary "hesitation" as it was in the 60's is acceptable, vintage trials machines are designed to be ridden no clutch, perfect throttle control and good use of all the flywheel has to offer.

Tony

My thoughts also. The Classic bikes should be run in classic sections in a classic trial. You can always run the classic-T/S bike in a "regular" trial if you want, but to ride a T/S bike in a section designed to test it's design abilities is an enormous amount of fun.

Jon

Think of all the man-hours No Stop saves in not having to fiddle a vintage clutch into modern style action,worth it right there... :banana2:

Really hoping that ITSA's schedule doesn't conflict with Trials Inc. much this coming year :wall:

Edited by htrdoug