AHRMA Observed Section ENDS

tony283

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insurance is a little harder when involving more than one club

I am not sure that is the case, as the event is the event and all must sigh up! What club or assoc. that keeps point standings is another. Ama does not keep point standings on regional events, the clubs do.

One could earn club points, or regional points, or series points! Who cares, other than the riders? :rolleyes:

Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Bob Ginder, I am the founder of ITSA.

I was involved in AHRMA trials for over 16 years as a member of the rules committee to national trials coordinator. It became more apparent to me as time went on that trials in AHRMA was doomed for many reasons.

So in the interest of our sport ITSA was born. We were founded under the premise of "Trials for trials riders by trials riders".

We are a trials organization. We offer charters for both modern and twinshock trials. Trials is trials in our minds. The only way for trials to prosper is for ALL of us to join together and support one another.

We charter both modern and twinshock clubs making insurance affordable for all while building our trials community.

We welcome all trials clubs and are looking forward to working with and forming western regions.

I am looking forward to working with Tony and commend him for his efforts.

I am aware of the commitment, devotion, and enthusiasm that Ed and Evelyn Peacock have put into AHRMA trials. They are truly trials enthusiasts and deserve a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

Bob Ginder

ITSA

Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Bob Ginder, I am the founder of ITSA.

I was involved in AHRMA trials for over 16 years as a member of the rules committee to national trials coordinator. It became more apparent to me as time went on that trials in AHRMA was doomed for many reasons.

So in the interest of our sport ITSA was born. We were founded under the premise of "Trials for trials riders by trials riders".

We are a trials organization. We offer charters for both modern and twinshock trials. Trials is trials in our minds. The only way for trials to prosper is for ALL of us to join together and support one another.

We charter both modern and twinshock clubs making insurance affordable for all while building our trials community.

We welcome all trials clubs and are looking forward to working with and forming western regions.

I am looking forward to working with Tony and commend him for his efforts.

I am aware of the commitment, devotion, and enthusiasm that Ed and Evelyn Peacock have put into AHRMA trials. They are truly trials enthusiasts and deserve a GREAT BIG THANK YOU!

Bob Ginder

ITSA

What Bob said! Thank you! :thumbup:

What Bob said! Thank you! :thumbup:

I can't help but agree with Bob on this ,I know how much work goes into a trials series.Ed and his wife spent a great deal of their time and money on that series . I spent almost 10 years helping Bob and crew with AHRMA trials until giving up on AHRMA. It got so tiring to hear the whining and moaning about sections we set up by those that could have been there to help but weren't, so called experts that should have ridden the intermediate lines etc. I think what we have now will help advance the sport of trials , and I sure look forward to other ares of the country coming on board WELCOME !!!!!!!

Hi Bob, I am putting on an event on April 14 and would like to hear more about insurance. We are an AMA club and lots of ARHMA guys are not, so the cross over insurance is what I am looking for.

To earn Club points you will have to be an AMA member. I want to keep cost down for riders so the ARHMA guys wont have to join AMA to ride. that means different insurance.

I think I can make good sections for all, we have an ideal spot and we will see how it works. The Trial should show up on both West coast ARHMA, and Sac Pits schedules.

Saturday is Vintage Beginner, and Sunday Class A, big boy stuff. Rocky Ridge Trial, Chrome Ca.

The ladies at the sign up table are going to have extra work, and we still need to figure out places and points. We just need ALL TRIALS RIDERS to ride. A dab is still a dab, and a Five still sucks.

It seems to me that AHRMA has done little to promote trials, although at the same time there seems to have been enough of a niche group to keep it going, seems to me mostly up north west? I could be wrong.

I am surprised hop-sing is worried about asking for AMA membership to cover these guys? I think they are the ones that need to get into the game here, and ditch AHRMA!!!!Which is doing nothing for them or the sport!

That membership is a pittance, that does eventually go to a healthy cause and political representation here, which is all we really have on a national level. Do you think AHRMA was concerned with the Lead issue in kids bikes?

Trials is still cheap enough for those that want to be in the game, hell, I have been out of the game for a while, but I manage to keep up my AMA, and the local ride areas here do not require it as they are self insured.

If I had my way to try to make a positive impact on trials within my lifetime, right now I would tell them guys stuck in the AHRMA rut to pack it in, quit, and get themselves alighned with REAL clubs with ITSA association and put positive effort into their local clubs!

Promote TRIALS in whatever extent, Old, Twinshock, Postmodern, Early mono, Old and Junky, and Modified Old Junk! I can see Tony or Bob on a tricked out Yam with a front brake that works! Even!

Getting folks out to ride their old junk is the biggie! And in the eventuality of things there seems a big market if folks will start thinking out of the box here!

Rambling thought here include the fact that Here, it would not be hard at all for the vintage group to take over the morning Mod bike sections in the afternoon, they would be just about right, with minor alteration if need be in most cases, and the guys could have all afternoon to do it, get there late, ride a bit, drink beer and whatever, no pressure, you get the drift!

Not to mention this helps the clubs membership and attendance(you know, the little if anything the club takes in to promote more trials!)

Maybe it is just me. I am no rocket fixer, I manage fix a few cars if i can. I will shut up now, and go back to my mod bike stuff, even if I am old and have had impracticle interists in old junk from my youth in the past. I just wish some would get on the same page! :thumbup:

Promote Trials,

We hear this all the time,

Then we hear AMA , ARHMA , or what ever group comes along.

I think that it will always come down to the Dollar.

If someone can come participate in a good Trials event for a low cost they will come.

You can't ask an ARHMA guy to pay 40 extra bucks for an AMA membership for the one cross over event he attends.

entrance fee, land fee at one simple price, the same for everyone, {excluding members that have earned club points} is how it has to work.

The local father can bring his kid and have him ride his dirt bike on an easy line. maybe get hooked.

The people that haven't rode in a long time can come back out.

If your AMA membership is not current Or,Or.

I plan to limit the reasons why not to come.

One group T,,,Trials

R,,,Riders

I,,,In

A,,,America

L,,,Love

S,,,Simple.

One group,

all are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

We have been working on an event in Sept. It will be held in central California near Paso Robles. The idea is to have a vintage event on Saturday and a modern bike on Sunday. We will have a nice dinner on Saturday night. If it all works out, the event will be a points paying event for both SCTA and PITS as we are half way in between.

We can see what it will take to make the Saturday vintage event part of a west coast ITSA points event if you all want it. I also have the idea of creating a point system for the vintage event where age of bike and rider will create a handicap and the points start there.

(Just a thought to throw a twist in the vintage event)

Anyway, how many twin shock guys would like to visit the Central coast and ride a fun (and different) event?

One advantage is that we are doing all of the work so the nor cal and so cal club guys can all ride for a change.

We would like to make this an annual event "The Beta Cup"

Tim-

The schedule has just been released for the AHRMA Pacific Northwest Region which stretches from Hollister CA. to Bellingham WA. There are 15 trials starting in March and ending in October. 11 of these are held in conjunction with vintage motocrosses, 1 is held on the Chehalis Premier/Classic Weekend and 2 are stand alone trials. The schedule can be found at http://66.84.0.143/~ahrmanwc/ 12 of the 15 include Twinshock support classes.

Edited by bsausa

We are a small trials club near Charlotte NC, and have aligned ourselves with Bob Ginder and ITSA for the last two years, and are very happy with how they do business. The insurance has the same coverage as he AMA does, and is about a third cheaper. We charge $25.00 for MTR / ITSA club members and $35.00 for non-members per event. We like the ITSA rule structure and have a pretty wide array of motorcycles at our events, and ITSA has a place for everyone.

We had our first MTR / ITSA Regional Championship series last year with nine events and had a great time. Our trialsmasters offer lines for both modern and twinshock riders. We plan on the same format for this year too. We are holding our 2nd annual Ryan Young Trials school next month, and ITSA provides the insurance for the schools as well.

Jim McKenzie

President, Metrolina Trials Riders