AHRMA Observed Section ENDS

tony283

We charge $25.00 for MTR / ITSA club members and $35.00 for non-members per event.

What's that in real money ?

If there is such a thing anymore !

At current exchange rate:

$25 US = 16.31 GBP

$35 US = 22.83 GBP

Curious; how much is a typical entry fee for a local trials in Europe?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We struggled for along time to come up with the fees that we did, but by the time you add up all of the costs for scorecards, tape, loop markers, insurance, charter fees, website expenses, etc., etc. we are barely breaking even at that.

The economy (or the lack thereof) has hit our area particulary hard, and with the cost of gas sometimes we only get 7 or 8 riders per event, and we lose money on them. I believe that we need to have 12 or so riders show up to break even, and everything after that goes into the account to carry us on.

We are doing what we can to get more people and ride, but it's tough. Gas money and hotel expenses aren't as easy to come by for most of us right now, and I know that affects our turnout. Even the motocross clubs here are hurting; no more 400 - 450 rider turnouts lately, sometimes lucky to get 150 riders.

Rising costs are a fact of life, we all need to get used to it.

Let's all make sure that our events are worth the cost of participation. I've been very disappointed to travel to an event, pay entry and membership fees and then ride a poorly prepared and poorly run event. As prices rise it's more important than ever to provide value for the costs that we as riders are paying.

Just out of curiosity, how much are your competition licenses ?

We really don't have a "competition licenses", Trials at the club level only requires a club membership unless the club is sanctioned by the AMA, ITSA, or AHRMA. Then you just have to also be a member of the sanctioning body. ITSA dues are $35.00 per year, AHRMA 65.00, and really don't know the AMA dues as I am a life member and don't have to pay dues.

Also most clubs will allow non members to ride for a extra charge, so in fact you can ride with out any membership.

We really don't have a "competition licenses", Trials at the club level only requires a club membership unless the club is sanctioned by the AMA, ITSA, or AHRMA. Then you just have to also be a member of the sanctioning body. ITSA dues are $35.00 per year, AHRMA 65.00, and really don't know the AMA dues as I am a life member and don't have to pay dues.

Also most clubs will allow non members to ride for a extra charge, so in fact you can ride with out any membership.

SACU license about $65

There seems to be some confusion as to what is needed to ride an ITSA event.

First we are not an AMA chartered club. We are our own entity.

Second, join ITSA. Pay your entry fee and ride.

Non-ITSA members can ride ITSA events.... BUT entry fee is slightly higher (one benefit of being a member is lower entry fees) and you don't get series points.

Hope this clears up some of the questions we are receiving.

Bob Ginder

ITSA

There seems to be some confusion as to what is needed to ride an ITSA event.

First we are not an AMA chartered club. We are our own entity.

Second, join ITSA. Pay your entry fee and ride.

Non-ITSA members can ride ITSA events.... BUT entry fee is slightly higher (one benefit of being a member is lower entry fees) and you don't get series points.

Hope this clears up some of the questions we are receiving.

Bob Ginder

ITSA

How can you call yourself dabbinbob when your feet never leave the pegs ????

Unless the earth changes magnetic poles ???

See ya soon ;ITSA ROCKS !!!

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Thanks for posting that link to Vintage Trials in the North West.

The "Chrome Trial" I was talking about is on this schedule, although at the moment it is listed for the 15th of April but it will be on the 14th.

It is also on the Sac pits schedule. This would be trial to make if you want a good one. To Truely mix the past and the modern together is my goal and I will achieve it.

But you will have to come or talk to someone that did come to find out. If you want any info contact me PM, as I don't get to this list very offen.

Thanks to all for your contributions to this thread. A lot of pent up feelings me'thinks! Going with the flow we have formed our NEW chapter of ITSA and have come up with our first schedule. A full report of this is on my blog today called "ITSA FIXED" .... and don't forget you can now ride all those twinshocks of the 79-85 era at our events...... so get fettling those Fantics, SWMs, TLRs etc and get some wothwhile saddle time in.

Tony

• 3 months later...

O.K. we had the event I was talking about. All were invited, AHRMA, local Sac PITS members, and the farmer next door.

Things worked great . we all had a good time, AHRMA wanst to come back again next year. Form what ever club you like but at this event anyone could show up and ride. 30 dollars was the total fee, unless you camped then it was ten extra dollars. AHRMA members got AHRMA points and PITS members got PITS points. I will not go on and on about how great it was but I did post some pictures here on Trials Central in the Video and pictures page. We had 56 riders.

• 1 year later...

O.K. we had the event I was talking about. All were invited, AHRMA, local Sac PITS members, and the farmer next door.

Things worked great . we all had a good time, AHRMA wanst to come back again next year. Form what ever club you like but at this event anyone could show up and ride. 30 dollars was the total fee, unless you camped then it was ten extra dollars. AHRMA members got AHRMA points and PITS members got PITS points. I will not go on and on about how great it was but I did post some pictures here on Trials Central in the Video and pictures page. We had 56 riders.

We have been having this event now for a few years. It is a great time. everyone loves it. April 26th this year followed by a regular Class A event on Sunday 27th

www.sactopits.org