Goggles for heavy sweaters

trialtrial

SO this post is only for those of you who sweat *a lot*. For example, its 0 deg C outside, you have been outside in your underwear standing in the snow, and you start *thinking* about putting some clothes on - and you start sweating. Then you are in the "heavy sweaters" club - and this post applies to you.

So if you are a heavy sweater and you wear goggles - find anything good? Have a system that works well?

And again, if you have the little girlie sheen on your face after two hours of hard riding - thats not sweating, thats "perspiring" - just go home. I am talking about litres of sweat. Soaked to the bone.

Edited by TrialTrial

Preferably unused !

:blink:

If the main reason for the original post is a problem with 'fogging' of the goggles due to sweating..then there are a few 'anti-fog' liquids you can apply to the inside of your goggles before you wear them.

Most diving shops sell a very small bottle of goggle treatment which has worked well for me in my 'paint-balling :ph34r: ' days.

Thanks TooFastTim - I have heard of that before and I think I need to go that route. I think I'd saturate it quickly but it would be better than what I have now.

As for the other suggestions - I am looking for tips from guys who are heavy sweaters and have had some success with keeping their goggles clear. No guesses or theory please.

If you sweat or are in heavy rain the sponge gets wet. Air in the goggles gets moist and condenses on the lens. It still happens if air flow is low even with Oakley no fog double lensed goggles.

The only way to prevent it at walking speeds or slower are:

1. Cut four 1cm wide notches into the foam top and bottom. One each side. This acts as in and out points for air. Eyes might water if on the road at speed though!

2. Take goggles off when in a section or slow period (no pun intended).

3. Use no fog safety glasses to allow max airflow.

4. Wear no eye protection if your the lead rider?

5. Diving helmet.