Evo rear disk

petejohn

Hi

Our 2012 125cc Beta rear disk has sheared the bolts that hold it to the hub. This is the second time its happened. 2 bolts snapped down in the hub?.Do other riders have this problem and is their a secret fix, or change bolts regularly. This bike is ridden most days, hard practice a lot on the rear wheel. This time the disk is bent so santa will bring a new one. :madnoel: Non stop would cure this :rotfl: .

Pete

Merry xmas to all from New Zealand.

Me personally I would be getting back in touch with Beta or your importer about this.... on a 2012 bike as well???. Never heard of this happening on a bike about snapping the bolts. On the other hand have heard about rear disc's being broke and snapped and at

if youre not a competant mechanic get an engineer to remove the snapped bolts or you will end up needing to replace the hub did the bolts come loose ? they are usually lock tightened in ,an engineer could come up with a solution to this like fitting bigger bolts or maybe better stronger quality ? some bikes are fitted with loose fitting discs (floating ) this could also help prevent this

Hi

Sorry its a 2011 bike, last time the bolts were removed with a easy out. New bolts locktighted in. The importer is looking for stronger bolts but suggested asking on here. Our problem is its a small sport in NZ, so only 1 other rider on Beta will be riding as hard.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I haven't really had a look at an 11 Evo rear hub but on my little brothers 07 rev 80 we had this problem with the sprocket and we ended up drilling right through and having bolts through and nutted providing a much stronger and secure mount, but as I say I can't say I have looked at a rear hub on the 11's so unsure weather it would work but just another idea.

Also a merry Christmas to you to Pete.

Cheers, Brad.

Is the hub surface that meets the disc mounting points painted? If so this is the problem.

KTM had an issue with this. The paint wears causing a tiny bit of slack. The bolts then shear.

Solution? Rub the surface with wet and dry to remove the paint. KTM machine their hubs to remove paint from this area. Once done you should not have a recurring issue.