French Trials

smiffy

Hope someone can point me in the right direction here,i live in France just souh of normandy and im looking to join a french club and compete but try as i might i cannot find a club or much info on the club scene at all.

I have been on the FFM website but apart the championship stuff there doesnt seem to be much else,i dont even know if they run stop or no stop.

So any info wil be much appreciated.

Thanks Andy.

Edited by smiffy

Sadly, Trialing in France is in decline, the cost, the paper work , finding the land and time to put on an event is proving too much for many clubs. Only the large well known multi day events coupled with a few of the classic pre 65 /twinshock generate enough interest to keep going.

There is a break away from the very over regulated and expensive FFM towards the more laid back and inexpensive UFOLEP to try and stimulate interest but so far its been slow to get going.

I cannot speak for Normandy but in the South West, I live in an area bigger than Wales and we have in total about six trials a year, the nearest to me two hours away. Unless you are willing to travel huge distances you are rather stuck..

Much the same in the North East (Lorraine).

very few trials, long distances between.

happily the situation in Belgium is better but still a couple of hours drive.

You do not realise how lucky you are in the UK until you leave (in my case the Lake District which is just mega)

The only guys I know who may be able to help you are Phillippe & Frank Yvernot (two Brothers who run the Indre club) Phillipe speaks excellent english to contact maybe you will find (by Google?) 3 jours de indre trial or trial club de Indre ..they're down from you near centre town is La Chatre. Of course you have planettrial & trial-club online peut etre tu peut profiter par la? Bonne chance.gazzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by chewy

• 2 months later...

I am finding much the same in the alpes too. There seems to be quite a bit of activity over near Lyon, but closer to home there seems to be very little. Maybe 2 or 3 trials within a 2 hour drive radius. But if you do find any good sources of info, do let m know and likewise, I'll post something here too.

Thanks for all your replies,ive found a club not too far from me the ESM,and sent an email but no reply yet,and theres a trial/motocross shop in the next department that ill visit when im over that way.

Its a real shame all the space out here id have thought it would a popular sport but it seems motox is more popular.

Quandmeme,je cherche encore.

Bien cordialment.

Andy.