cab prolem on 280 pro

casperrasper

gasgas 280 pro 05..ticks over fine revs quater throttle fine as soon as you open her up it just bogs down and dies let go of throttle and ticks over sweet ..any ideas what could be problem ...cheers...

Check the float level, possible broken needle clip and also for an obstruction in the main jet.

Jon

is they any measurement on how the float should be set at.cheers jon

The Dellorto is pretty simple. The brass arms the floats ride on should be parallel to the gasket sealing surface on the carb body. You also should try a new plug (.024" gap). I'm assuming that your fuel is fresh, stale fuel will sometimes cause symptoms you describe.

It also could also be en electrical issue but try these things first. The possible cause is sometimes related to the onset pattern of the symptoms, gradual or quick.

The main jet comes to mind first as you can take the main jet completely out of the carb and it will tick over just fine.

Jon

Just went through those symptoms with a friend's bike. Almost brand new bike, idles but won't rev worth a damn. Took the carb apart, checked compression, spark, all was within spec. So I'm thinking vapor lock in fuel tank, or some other restriction to fuel flow. I pulled fuel hose off the carb and turned on petcock to measure fuel flow into a calibrated container. Lo and behold, about 200cc of water come out. I am surprised the bike ran at all. To this day my friend doesn't know how the water got into the fuel tank.