wheel stickers

bondy

hello all ive just got some new s3 wheel stickers for my gas gas 250 pro as anybody fited these? they dont come with any intrutions there is a vidio on the net but i was wounldering if any off you guys have fited them. and is there any tips on how to put them on? i rang the shop up today for some addice he said put them on from the inside .and smooth down the edges using an air gun or airdryer allso he said you can over lap 2 or 3 mm just dont want to put the last strip on .and find out its to sort as you probely know there not cheap at

hello all ive just got some new s3 wheel stickers for my gas gas 250 pro as anybody fited these? they dont come with any intrutions there is a vidio on the net but i was wounldering if any off you guys have fited them. and is there any tips on how to put them on? i rang the shop up today for some addice he said put them on from the inside .and smooth down the edges using an air gun or airdryer allso he said you can over lap 2 or 3 mm just dont want to put the last strip on .and find out its to sort as you probely know there not cheap at

Heat gun or good hair dryer, put them on from the inside out but DON'T stretch them right to the outside of te rim other wise they will peel off from the edge! Leave 1mm gap from the outer rim. Overlap by 5mm as once heated and on they expand a lot!

When you get bubbles and you will, use a pin to prick a hole and heat gun and scrap the bubbles out. I used the opposite end of a toothbrush to push the sticker into the corners or creases in the rim!

Finally leave a 2 hour window to do both wheels, front is easier than the back!! Worth it though!!

Heat gun or good hair dryer, put them on from the inside out but DON'T stretch them right to the outside of te rim other wise they will peel off from the edge! Leave 1mm gap from the outer rim. Overlap by 5mm as once heated and on they expand a lot!

When you get bubbles and you will, use a pin to prick a hole and heat gun and scrap the bubbles out. I used the opposite end of a toothbrush to push the sticker into the corners or creases in the rim!

Finally leave a 2 hour window to do both wheels, front is easier than the back!! Worth it though!!

ok thanks for the addvice ill give it ago .and let you know how i go cheers bondy

After putting about a dozen sets on now in the shop we have gone to putting the outside on first,(flat outside face of the rim), and then working back towards the centre of the rim and the spoke holes. Use a Hair dryer to warm the sticker it makes it much easier and you do need to "stretch" the sticker oh so slightly as you apply it.

Clean the rim thoroughly with prep-sol (wax and grease remover) before you start.

Have super clean hands.

Do it somewhere clean and away from flying dirt, dust and grime and you will get a proper job. They are a fantastic material, and easy to put on if you are careful.

After putting about a dozen sets on now in the shop we have gone to putting the outside on first,(flat outside face of the rim), and then working back towards the centre of the rim and the spoke holes. Use a Hair dryer to warm the sticker it makes it much easier and you do need to "stretch" the sticker oh so slightly as you apply it.

Clean the rim thoroughly with prep-sol (wax and grease remover) before you start.

Have super clean hands.

Do it somewhere clean and away from flying dirt, dust and grime and you will get a proper job. They are a fantastic material, and easy to put on if you are careful.

thanks all ive put the front one on it whent on nice . and easey just got the back to do now cheers :madnoel: