Shocking question

apexmetrology

From the online photos - he's running what looks to be a Reiger. It is most probably custom valved&sprung specifically for him by factory suspension engineers- as is the case with all the top riders. This makes sense to me as his/there needs are different than 99.99% of the trials market.

That said, if it was a marketing ploy, they should do a few more like it as that shock is simply fantastic. Better than the old Ohlins gold bodies and a Home run IMHO.

The 2011 Raga Replica has the Reigar shock that I understand is more expensive than stock shocks. My question is that now the 2012 models are out without Reigar what is Raga the man himself using ? Or was this just a one-off marketing ploy to shift units ?

As far as I know, the Reiger is for the Race and Raga models and an aftermarket shock for the regular line. The photos I've seen is that Raga uses the Reiger. I've had a ride on a Raga Rep with a well set-up and broken in Reiger and it is an amazing shock, very impressive, even compared to the Ohlins.

Jon

ps. "I realise that very little of the pro's bike content make it to market"- My experience is that, as far as at least the GasGas is concerned, most of the Pro's bike contents make it into the production bikes.

Edited by JSE

The 11' Raga has adjustable rebound and compression on the Reiger ( absolutely amazing TRACTION and ride !!! ) I believe the 12' Race has adjustable rebound only on the Reiger. My friend has an 11' 300 Pro (I believe with a Sachs) and there is a big difference between the two bikes...suspension and motor ! Will the Pro limit my riding ability...Heck no,..but we would both rather ride my Raga 300 :) ! I was told ( can't confirm, but came from a reputable source ) that Raga uses the "stock" suspension on his bike and has little done to it. Merry Christmas to all !

Edited by Gumby26

Adam Raga uses a Reiger shock. Slightly up-speced from the standard Reiger shock, but not that much different.

It has adjustble spring perch-preload (same as standard). It has high and low speed compression adjuster, high and low speed rebound adjuster, and two adjusters not found on most trial bike shocks.

It has an adjustable hydraulic bump stop, and a "rebound delay" adjuster. This holds the shock compressed for a defined moment. So on say a big splat the bike can run a quick rebound that would usually bounce the rear off the obstacle after a big shock compression. But the shock "holds" for that defined moment on full compression to better hold traction before it rebounds.

These shocks can be purchased from Reiger through your Gas Gas importer and are personally set up by the Reiger factory for the rider. A questionarre about rider weight, ability, type of riding terrain, etc etc have to be filed in on ordering. They also have a large selection of springs of different rates available. They are super trick, but do take a clear head and an analytical brain to get the most out of.

And i can back up Jon, at least as far as Gas Gas are concerned the Pro's bikes are very, very close to standard, (maybe the aformentioned Reiger shock), or bog standard in many cases (rider dependant).