RTL250 engine transplant

xtzoutback

Wow Greg thats exactly what I was planning to do with my 198 for the next twinshock masters, but I haven't worked out where to hide the radiator. Can you post pics please?

Thanks

David

I was thinking of putting the radiator in the airbox along with the fuel injector and the hydraulic cylinders for the clutch and brakes, do you think this is feasible. I have an old lawn mower that that I was going to remove the fins from the motor, and carefully araldite [24hrs type] to the gasgas barrel and head.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the work has been done successfully using existing cases and a bit of processing around the back of the kickstart and internally on the pivot pin. We made a splined spacer to set the boss about 5mm further out and used the existing brake pedal with some slight bending.

Works a treat..

What link do i use to upload a photo ??

Hello xtzoutback,

Just wondering , you might have this listed on the wrong forum.

I know Toyota make a hybrid. Maybe someone there might appreciate what you've done.

I just can't get to liking the idea that you wrecked 2 good bikes.

Have you ridden it yet? I'm sure if it is a winning combination , why the Honda engineers went to all that trouble to make the RTL frame.I bet they'll get a kick in the rear if they are still employed there for wasting all that time and effort. But I guess you know more than they do.

Hope the Toyota boy's enjoy it.

Cheers

brt650

• 2 weeks later...

Well the work has been done successfully using existing cases and a bit of processing around the back of the kickstart and internally on the pivot pin. We made a splined spacer to set the boss about 5mm further out and used the existing brake pedal with some slight bending.

Works a treat..

Hello xtzoutback,

Seems like no one else wants to look at your dogey bike.But to make you feel good I'm willing to have a look at it Send me a photo if you want!

Cheers

brt650 :banana2:

Works a treat..

Try this: http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/forum-22/announcement-3-posting-photos/

• 2 weeks later...