Got my new bike today : Update #2

toothandnail

Took longer than I had hoped ,but it's here , started snowing just as I unloaded it.

Also just rained 1.5" this week , Yeah , I rode it in the mud and snow :shutup:

First impression , very good , started on the 4th kick out of the box,1st kick most times after/if I didn't give it gas like I'm used to.

Clutch was very stiff , like a cable clutch , but after about 15-20 minuets/some adjustments, it's just slightly harder than my Gas Gas

Suspension is soft for my wt.200# , I haven't adjusted it yet , I'm wondering if my stiffer spring from my gas gas would fit?

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

So far I'm VERY pleased :thumbup:

<a  href=http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4610/moto0121u.th.jpg' alt='moto0121u.th.jpg'> moto0122.th.jpg moto0123.th.jpg moto0124w.th.jpg moto0126y.th.jpg [/img]

Edited by toothandnail

As far as competition , I go to MATT in Trenton , don't get there as much as I would like , it's about a 2.5 hour drive.

For general riding , there are about 8 of us that ride on our own land(4 different places) , or we go to a state park in Chadwick Mo. usually try and make a trip out to Co. once a year , Rampart Range.

Rode with the Hensley's a time or two , they've got some good stuff around their place.

My son just started working full time with me , so hopefully I'll get a little more time off to ride this year

I love getting a new bike. Enjoy it. Jealous!

You have a bike with the best rear shock in the trials market and consequently it'll get amazing traction - set it up with 1/3 sag when you are on it with riding gear on.... and check it as the spring settles in in a few months time.

You picked the best.

On both my 2011 and 2012 they take quite a few hours to loosen up.

Couple of things I have found worth doing now,

Remove front and rear disc bolts and apply some lok tite.

The seam on the kick start needs a good tidy up with a file as it may shave the graphics.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Got to ride today for about 2 hours , here's an update

Clutch is much easier to pull , not quite as easy as my 300 pro , but acceptable

Idle was very slow(in my opinion)seems to be about +50 RPM from first day , still a little low for my slow for my taste , but I only killed it once today , so that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Traction is VERY good

Balance is phenomenal , I'd say it comes from the lower center of gravity

Front wheel is VERY easy to loft over objects , yet doesn't seem any lighter when climbing steep hills.

Suspension is still soft for my weight, every bike I've had has been , I set the compression to just about max , still bottoms when jumping off about 3', don't do that all the time I'm getting to old :biggrinsanta:

kick starter is slow returning back to the top , occasionally it will stay all the way down , it's smooth kinda seems like the seal is the cause ? ? we'll see if it gets better.

head light burned out, it's got power to it , must be something in the LED electronics.

Moved the tail light back under the fender , mounted on the tail piece near the muffler, I figured it would be safer there in case I broke the fender off :shutup:

That's the only negatives I can find , they're not much , I VERY pleased so far :thumbup:

Edited by toothandnail

Got to ride today for about 2 hours , here's an update

kick starter is slow returning back to the top , occasionally it will stay all the way down , it's smooth kinda seems like the seal is the cause ? ? we'll see if it gets better.

As mentioned earlier, I think you will find kick start is catching on the side graphic, there is a small casting seam of the kick starter, give it a tidy up with a file to give better clearance so it wont jam.

Update #2

Rode yesterday for about 1 hour,

Kick starter worked like it should , I checked, it's clearing everything, no casting seam on the back.

Idle is better , still a little slow for my taste , but it lugs WAAAAY down without stalling and comes back fine. Starting is very good , sometimes it takes 3 kicks when stone cold , when warm 1 kick , even in gear

I forgot to add in the first update , 2 buddies rode it , they were impressed as well , with the balance ,throttle response and all around feel.