1980 248

Johnny

I'm considering buying a 1980 Cota 248. Are they any good?

Cheers

I think they where a 349 with 100cc missing so they would be similar to the 349 of that time without the 349 grunt so about the same as any other spanish 250 of that era some love them some hate them.

I'm considering buying a 1980 Cota 248. Are they any good?

Cheers

hi johnny, im restoreing a 248 at the moment the only problem is some of the parts are getting harder to find, it took me ages to find a piston but most of the frame stuff you can get cheers

That's useful to know.

Do you know what they are like to ride?

hi mate, no iv got alot of work to do yet,im doin a 348 too so it will be a while before its ready, im more of a tinkerer than rider due to an accident i just like to get them back to former glory, so can not help you about that sorry.

Hi johnny

I have just sold one, I did the Manx 2 day last year, there are all types of sections you will come across. The mont had no trouble with anything and more than enough power for my 14 stone frame, that said its ok for clubman class, but would not compete with the fantics in the expert class as things had moved on by then. So if you ride trials for fun it's a great bike, if your a pot hunter then maybe buy something else.

Hi johnny

I have just sold one, I did the Manx 2 day last year, there are all types of sections you will come across. The mont had no trouble with anything and more than enough power for my 14 stone frame, that said its ok for clubman class, but would not compete with the fantics in the expert class as things had moved on by then. So if you ride trials for fun it's a great bike, if your a pot hunter then maybe buy something else.

Thanks for that. My pot hunting days are long gone. Just doing it for fun and to keep my hand in before the motocross season starts. Sounds like it might be worth a look at.