boots

lewisallen

as some of you no iv have just got into trials, now iv got the trousers,helmet(mx one for the time being)gloves and waterproofs, how ever i havnt got any boots used to ride my pit bike in wellies. looking for some proper boots now.

question is are there any differences between trials boots and mx boots? and also what can u lot recommend dont want to spend mega

as some of you no iv have just got into trials, now iv got the trousers,helmet(mx one for the time being)gloves and waterproofs, how ever i havnt got any boots used to ride my pit bike in wellies. looking for some proper boots now.

question is are there any differences between trials boots and mx boots? and also what can u lot recommend dont want to spend mega

I sometimes think wellies (firemans) are better than trials boots..but then after trying everything over a long time I just buy cheapest I can as they all leak/ break straps/ soles come unstuck. Its my general experience that price has nothing to do with cost/quality, it seems to be more related to what is current or a la mode..

Hello all. I like using Gum Boots (wellies) as I ride on the balls of my feet and find proper boots to restrictive in the ankles. One thing no one has mentioned is the fact that trials boots have tread on them whereas MX boots are smooth soles. I know a couple of people who use enduro boots in trials as well. Trying to find grip with MX boots on wet slimey rocks is rather hard. Gum Boots are also really cheap as well but they don`t have the same amount of protection though. Bully Lover.

Edited by bullylover

I bought some Hebo technical six months ago after wearing my Alpinestars tech3's for a while. And after 6 months they are ruined. I wax them after most rides and the leather is all cracked and knackered. I find this shocking. Do all trials boots do this, my mx boots were good for 3 years and get a lot more use and rarely waxed. I also didn't see a huge difference in comfort from mx to trials boot, but that will depend on the mx boots you use.I think I shall be wearing my Alpinestars for the rest of the winter, and just using the trials ones for competing. Just my experiences?

I've been riding trials for 2 months and don't have boots yet. I'm hoping they can help close the gap between the pegs and the foot-brake? I find it hard to "cover" the brake while riding without putting the peg on my heel (making me off balance). I have a 9.5 size shoe and ride a 2006 Montesa 4t. As I'm learning wheelies and after falling off the back twice, I'm learning to cover the brake!

Do they make pegs that can set closer to the brake lever (this may throw off the balance) .....or is the brake lever adjustable? I checked it out but only found it to adjust up/down and not back or forward. Any advice is appreciated.

Happy Splatters,

Rick

I also have just got into trials coming from mx, i started wearing my fox former pro mx boots for my first few trips out then brought a pair of alpinestars no stop trials boots and i can say it made a huge diference, mx boots have no flex in the sole and no grip on the pegs, also i found with trials boots you can feel the back brake alot better whilst still having support for your anckle. in my opinion a very important bit of kit!

I got me a pair of these:

http://www.trialsuk.co.uk/products/gaerne-balance-classic-trials-boot

I agree with what has been said about gaerne boots, I love the balance boot, it looks cool, they are water proof, does the job really well, very comfy and if the situation ever arise where you have to go for a meal after a trial but you forget to put your nice shoes in your bag you can wipe these clean and still go because under a pair of trousers or jeans they still look respectable enough that no one is gonna notice.

At the trials area you'll look like you know what you are doing with a pair of these bad boys... Get the gaerne polish as well. Not cheap at