Oil from Exhaust

steam

You have spooge!

The black goo is unburnt oil/fuel mix when the motor is running low rpms for regular amounts of time. This migrates from the barrel to the silencer section. It then soaks into your silencer packing material until it drips out as spooge from the joint you mention.

Unless you have a running issue elsewhere it has probably happened under normal circumstances over a long period of time and means a bag of new packing material is required for the silencer and a modified use style of the bike will help.

Have you got any other running issues or changed your riding style, riding location greatly? If I ride only in my garden without being able to get heat into the exhaust pipe I get the same after a long time.

What oil/fuel do you use?

All two strokes will create this spooge unless they are running at the optimum heat/engine load for their indivdual settings constantly. As soon as the heat drops to burn the spooge off it builds up and makes a mess. You will find loads about it on the web but unless you are having real issues I'd leave the settings alone and try the "clearing" by riding method first. a 200m straight line route is all you need to give the bike several runs under load with big throttle openings.

One tip for the future is once you have re packed the silencer is always get the bikes exhaust hot by doing some good 3rd/4th gear straight line squirts on a 200m loop. A quick road section can help get the temps up and burn it off.

Edited by pindie

You have spooge!

The black goo is unburnt oil/fuel mix when the motor is running low rpms for regular amounts of time. This migrates from the barrel to the silencer section. It then soaks into your silencer packing material until it drips out as spooge from the joint you mention.

Unless you have a running issue elsewhere it has probably happened under normal circumstances over a long period of time and means a bag of new packing material is required for the silencer and a modified use style of the bike will help.

Have you got any other running issues or changed your riding style, riding location greatly? If I ride only in my garden without being able to get heat into the exhaust pipe I get the same after a long time.

What oil/fuel do you use?

All two strokes will create this spooge unless they are running at the optimum heat/engine load for their indivdual settings constantly. As soon as the heat drops to burn the spooge off it builds up and makes a mess. You will find loads about it on the web but unless you are having real issues I'd leave the settings alone and try the "clearing" by riding method first. a 200m straight line route is all you need to give the bike several runs under load with big throttle openings.

One tip for the future is once you have re packed the silencer is always get the bikes exhaust hot by doing some good 3rd/4th gear straight line squirts on a 200m loop. A quick road section can help get the temps up and burn it off.

As pindie says, the accumulated oil is not burning off and shows at leaky joints. A blast along the road or track when the exhaust temperature stays up for some time will start the exhaust smoking as the surplus burns off.

What 2 stroke oil are you using, and what mixture?

If you had to use the choke, the mixture is too weak -too much air to the amount of fuel.

If you use fully synthetic 2 -stroke oil, the recommended mixture is 1.5% which gives 75cc per 5 litres of standard unleaded petrol.

If you put too much oil in the mixture, the percentage of fuel in a certain volume of petrol/oil mixture is reduced, so then there is less fuel to the same amount of air and a weaker mixture.

Is the air filter clean and treated with filter oil?